I'm having a bit of a problem with my amp. My amp's "Low Gain" channel has two switchable voicings, British and American, and the amp itself has a wattage selector that goes from 15 watts Class A to 50 watts Class A/B. The Brit channel is great, but it seems that no matter what I do, I can't get the American channel to break up. I've tried everything, but it will NOT get off it's cleanest cleans. Can anyone help me out here?

I'm using a Traynor YCS50 combo with a MIM Fender HSS Strat.
use your guitar's humbucker, use the 15 watt setting, and crank the mids and possibly even the treble somewhat, and start cranking the volume
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
use your guitar's humbucker, use the 15 watt setting, and crank the mids and possibly even the treble somewhat, and start cranking the volume

Tried it. I can hear it start to get a little bit of drive, just a LITTLE bit of hair, but it's still just too damn clean. I've tried this with the Volume and Gain maxed, and using the Master for loudness control.
well it seems like they designed it so it would stay clean haha. why not just use the british setting? or use the overdrive channel of the amp with low gain settings
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣