so, i've been playing for two years now, but i managed to hit a giant musical barrier, that has affected both my learning and my listening, to the point where i can't even remember bands that i used to love listening to, which is kinda bad, but this isn't the place for that

i'm looking for a variety of songs to learn, preferably one that i can sing along to at the same time, from heavy metal, to punk, to indie, to just plain rock, mainly in Standard E tuning

bands i usually listen to include sick puppies, secondhand serenade, jason mraz, sex pistols, the ramones, avenged sevenfold, bullet for my valentine and pantera
Last edited by 3OddOnes at Apr 18, 2011,
Well some catchy songs i love that you could sing along to is prob The Offspring and the 2 newest albums of Rise against.

On the other hand, i dont know how many songs or wich songs you know by those bands you like but i´d say Primal Concrete sledge by Pantera is a very good song to learn, it also test your ability to keep in time.
i can play most Sick Puppies songs, minus white balloons and a few others
i can play all the secondhand serenade songs from the first two albums, lucky;geek in the pink; wordplay and i'm yours by jason mraz
suprissingly i have a bit of trouble with sex pistols, but i can play most ramones.
nightmare, seize the day and so far away by a7x, can't play and bullet apart from the forever and always riff, and i can play walk by pantera apart from the solo part
The likes of Fade To Black, The Unforgiven are good for playing and singing, if you want a real challenge for doing both try Sad But True. All by Metallica (Just incase)

Edit: Sad but true is in D Standard.
Last edited by Steve635z at Apr 18, 2011,
A lot of Megadeth songs are really easy to sing and play at the same time.
Examples:
Symphony of Destruction
Dread and the Fugitive Mind
Sweating Bullets
Tornado of Souls
Ask in The ONLY suggest me a song thread. Ask a mod to close this thread.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.