I decided I should probably get some strap locks for my precious ESP SV, and I've heard a lot about one or the other not fitting a certain guitar or so, and although theres stuff you can do like shoving toothpicks in I don't really want to do that. So does anybody with an ESP SV (or any other ESP with the same size screws) know which one fits better?

Thanks
Last edited by Tigemite at Apr 18, 2011,
Quote by Tigemite
I decided I should probably get some strap locks for my precious ESP SV, and I've heard a lot about one or the other not fitting a certain guitar or so, and although theres stuff you can do like shoving toothpicks in I don't really want to do that. So does anybody with an ESP SV (or any other ESP with the same size screws) know which one fits better?

Thanks

I always shove toothpicks/glue in regardless just to be safe. After all, it is only wood and taking out that first screw weakens it. You'd be crazy to not stick a toothpick in there that no one will ever know is ever in there when all its going to do is provide additional strength to the hole.
Screw size doesn't matter. Either use the screw that comes with the strap lock, or use the original screw. One is going to fit, either way.

As far as ergonomics go, the Dunlops would probably be better if you have a strap pin on the back of the guitar (I believe you do, I haven't looked at the SV in a while). But I guess the Schallers are better quality/more reliable, from what I've read. I haven't tried them personally. I use Dunlops on my 2 LTD's, and haven't had any problems except once, which was my own fault for not clicking in all the way.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Apr 18, 2011,