So i was actually supposed to get a hardshell case, but things didnt work out. So all you guitarists who gig regularly can you give me advice whether to get a softshell case or a hardshell case?

The softshell case im talking about is like a guitar bag( Those cheap ones that you carry like a school bag) just that there will be extra foam pads to protect them from bums.

In the future, i may have a gig so is a softshell case enough? The one setback i have with hardshell casses is that they are a hassle to carry and taking public transport is quite difficult as it is big lol.
I now have a signature
I have been using a classical guitar gigbag for my electric, toured with it a lot, and no scratches or anything
Depends how much you really care about your guitar. I always get hardshell as i couldn't bare anything to happen to them. However they can be quite a lot more expensive.
Depends what it is... If it's quite a funky shape then it's probably worth getting a hard case.
But a gigbag is fine, so long as you don't throw your guitar everywhere.
If you’re not going to be travelling with it too often..on buses/trains and cars..then a softshell case is perfectly fine..(you get ones that are really well padded,they are a bit expensive too)
but if too much travelling is required.go for the hardshell..better to be safe than sorry eh?
Quote by Skuzzmo
Hardcase everytime.

+1 1/2

my guitars would be killed if it werent for hardshell cases. I use soft cases but i gig constantly and with a packed van its jsut much safer to do it that way. Guitars have fallen out and all i could think of was : thank god i bought that hard case!!1"
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
Hard shell, I myself don't trust gig bags all that much.

Quote by greedyguitar
pretty much you just have to choose between safety (for the guitar) and your convience
also price may be a factor as hard cases are like a ton more expensive... if youre gonna go on an airplane, get a flight case tho...they will drop it or stack stuff on top..

fixed.
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
Last edited by lefthandedkid at Apr 18, 2011,
I'm gasing atm for one of these cases.

http://www.monocase.com/mono-electric-guitar.asp

There crazy expensive. I wish I'd study music instead of engineering in University next year now
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by Quaned

There crazy expensive. I wish I'd study music instead of engineering in University next year now

Dude, with engineering you can make your own custom fitted, custom outfitted, custom designed case!
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
Quote by lefthandedkid
Dude, with engineering you can make your own custom fitted, custom outfitted, custom designed case!

Draw or design maybe. Most engineers I have worked with can not make a paper airplane with out screwing it up or over complicating things.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Hardcase without a doubt. Bang your guitar (especially Gibson) against a door frame in a soft case and boom goes your headstock. I'll be impressed if you can break your guitar in such a way while it's in a hardcase.