I am a complete noob when it comes to re stringing a Floyd Rose. I have never done it before.

What's worse, is that I initially got it set up at a shop with a certain gauge string, and the new pack of strings I have bought, are a lower gauge. I understand if you do this, you have to completely set up the guitar again, intonation and so on.

Is this very hard to do? I could just take it to a shop again, but I really want to get the hang of it so I can do it myself to save money and time.

Is there a noob friendly guide for re stringing and re-setting up a Floyd Rose?

It's a Jackson Dinky lefty if that helps.

Thanks in advance. =)
Check the sticky 2nd from the top in this forum. It has everything to do with maintanance for a floyd rose.

Also, definetly try to learn how to do it yourself.
Check the sticky like Steve635z said, should give you all, if not most of the information you need.
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
Anytime
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
Quote by jwitz
I feel a bit stupid now haha.

Thanks guys.

do you know how the floyd works when it is in balance?
the strings should match the tension that the springs in the back have when attached to the plate in the back.
'this picture should give you an idea.

http://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/uploads/monthly_03_2009/post-6124-1236386659.png

when you see this, and you know what i mean to say, it's not hard to try a work with it, not against it.

and ofcourse the sticky thread on top and video of people on youtube help alot too.