Hey there, im kinda new to using a slide on guitar parts, but as i wrote a bluesy riff, i thought a slide there would be awesome, so i did, but it seems kinda hard to notice the slide when i play, i was looking for some kind of technique to accentuate the slide on low strings (im playing in Drop D btw) and what i do is play a power chord and then slide it up, but with some distortion you cant really notice the slide.
So i was wondering if having another slide would help, or what slide material sounds better on low strings.
Usually volume with the slide is not a problem.... More likely the other way around.

It's very common to use various open tunings that don't have as much overall tension as standard tunings as well... Open "D", open "G"....

It may be that you simply don't have enough tension on your strings as a result of the "dropped" tuning.... Or (I'm presuming you're talking about an electric here) you may need to adjust your pickups so that the pole pieces are a little closer to the bass strings.
Quote by Bikewer
Usually volume with the slide is not a problem.... More likely the other way around.

It's very common to use various open tunings that don't have as much overall tension as standard tunings as well... Open "D", open "G"....

It may be that you simply don't have enough tension on your strings as a result of the "dropped" tuning.... Or (I'm presuming you're talking about an electric here) you may need to adjust your pickups so that the pole pieces are a little closer to the bass strings.

thanks, i will try adjusting the pickups
how are you picking the low strings? With fingers or a pick? What guage are your strings? What material is the slide? How low is your guitar action? Are you using distortion, overdrive or fuzz?

--m
www.knobtwiddler.net