http://www.thomann.de/gb/hugheskettner_tubemeister_18_head.htm

that's europe, but should at least give you some idea. End of June, ~500 euro.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by B.C. RICH5000
and how much will it cost?

pretty straightforward guys lol

Email H&K? pretty straightforward

Guitars:
Charvel USA San Dimas | Jackson Matt Tuck Rhoads | Jackson DK2M Dinky | Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight | Fender MIM Sunburst Tele

Amp:
Jet City JCA100HDM | Framus CS 2x12
Woaw that head seems really sexy ! Any sound clips ?
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Quote by B.C. RICH5000
and how much will it cost?

pretty straightforward guys lol

haha i see you took my advice:P

Around july/august if im not mistaken and it will cost about £599 in the uk. ALthough it looks asthough thomman is doing a promotion when its released so get it fast kidda. i know i will :P
xx
Last edited by billabob at Apr 18, 2011,
I don't know much about this brand, how much gain are we talking about here ?

I don't need tons of gain, the gainiest I would play would be hard rock and stoner rock. Is that an amp you'd recommend looking into ? the 5/1 watt mode seems awesome for my use really.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
i don't know.

either it doesn't have much preamp gain or there are some solid state shenanigans going on.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Mh well, I guess I'll have to wait for some sound clips then ^^.

My Bday is on june 19th, which makes this amp quite tempting, especially since I look for something a bit more gainy than my cub 10. And the 1 watt mode should keep my parents from bitching.

Edit: Any idea of how it would compare to a tinny terror that also uses 12ax7 and el84 ?
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Last edited by Doogy-Style at Apr 18, 2011,
I'm also interested in this amp, mainly because of the butt-load of extra features compared to other tube heads around 15-20w at it's price point.

Quote by Doogy-Style
I don't know much about this brand, how much gain are we talking about here ?

I don't need tons of gain, the gainiest I would play would be hard rock and stoner rock. Is that an amp you'd recommend looking into ? the 5/1 watt mode seems awesome for my use really.

I guess it'll have enough gain for that, but whether you'll actually like the tone is a different matter. Hard Rock has a lot of different sounds and the H&K will probably do a nice enough interpretation on that theme, but Stoner Rock is different to my ears. Imo it's something that requires big amps and loud volumes. Haven't come across an 18w-ish amp that I thought was really great for that (though I've heard a couple passable ones).

There's a couple clips about it on the H&K website, but knowing H&K, it's probably 90% babbling.
I'll probably rely mostly on my big muff for stoner sound anyway... I know that normally you need big amps for stoner rock, but that would really be a waste for the use I would make.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Quote by Doogy-Style

Edit: Any idea of how it would compare to a tinny terror that also uses 12ax7 and el84 ?

TT's all-tube, isn't it? No shenanigans, as far as i'm aware.

I wasn't much fussed on it
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by billabob
haha i see you took my advice:P

Around july/august if im not mistaken and it will cost about £599 in the uk. ALthough it looks asthough thomman is doing a promotion when its released so get it fast kidda. i know i will :P
xx

For H&K stuff in the uk thomann is usually a good bit cheaper

That amp certainly LOOKs cool.
hopefully there isnt any diode business lolz
but H&K are certainly no blackstar
yeah but they're not exactly soldano or cornford either. i mean wasn't the statesman hybrid too?

EDIT: and then you had the switchblade... i mean it was just horrible. It even sounded solid state.

Up there with blackstar's pure valve digital reverb and delay... o_O

EDIT #2: nah ok the blackstar pure valve digital pedals are a couple of magnitudes of more hilarious brassneckery

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Apr 18, 2011,
^ would be ironic for an amp called Tubemeister though.
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
Last edited by Doogy-Style at Apr 18, 2011,
The statesmans a hybrid
Totally didnt realise..
Ok i guess you're right
Stupid amp companys lol cant trust anyone

":cop:" (ug needs this)
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Apr 18, 2011,
i've been saying for years that we need HC's cop emoticon. Also the freak one is awesome. Man I could troll the blackstar thread something awful if I had those two emoticons. Thrown in a few emoticons and that'd be good times.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Apr 18, 2011,
The Statesman series has a hybrid preamp, but then, they also sound good. H&K has been pretty careful not to call the amp all-valve when advertising it, or making any clear statements about it's nature. It's not flat-out-dishonest like Blackstar, but it's a little curious.

For anyone watching the clip and wondering wtf they're talking about, they're basically comparing the amp's sound mic'd with the sound from it's line-out (4:30 onward). Maybe it's the shitty micing, but I liked the latter better.
yeah. I mean as far as i'm concerned, not saying anything is still sorta trying to imply that it's all-tube, or hoping that you think it might be, which is not great, but it's not just as bad as BS either.

Oh yeah, by BS I mean Blackstar. Any resemblance of Blackstar's initials to the generally accepted abbreviation for bullshit is a complete coincidence.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would like to hear one of these in person. Looks interesting for the segment.
I wantz one but not at what will surely be a $700+ US release. That pushes me towards an Orange Dual Terror (used).
well i'll mabye be selling my dual terror to replace it with the tube meister 18, im in the uk tho.
x
With strat: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO_BQ0g9P4U (there are some other videos on this channel)

With PRS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUw-yt1ZnLs

I've read on another forum that there's no solid state shenanigans going on with this amp, it's just cleverly designed so that 2 preamp tubes are enough.
I think the amp sounds great, maybe this will be my first tube amp.
Also as I've heard, it's pretty loud for an 18 Watter because of the bigger transformers.
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
do you have a link?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Is the strat-video one of the ones of Thomas Blug at Musik Messe?

Quote by Dave_Mc
do you have a link?

+1

I mean, it's not impossible. The Nighttrain also only has two gain-stages and has a nice amount of dirt on tap, it's just that the voicing makes it sound rather soft. The H&K seems to have more bite in comparison.
Sounds good! Wish it would show off some hard-rock rythm riffing and playing to see if it can get a thick gainy thump going. Lead tones are very solid.

Great playing in that vid too.
Quote by Dave_Mc
do you have a link?

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=869997&highlight=hughes+tubemeister&page=3

"I have also talked to aguy, who was introduced to me as a engineer/designer of this amp.
He stated clearly that there is full tube amp, no diods for clipping and such.
He said that they use some pretty tricky valve switching, so valves are differently configuered for clean and lead channel."
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
lol @ billabob

ya, when you showed me that amp on the last thread i was like "holy sh*t that thing looks made for me!" I went to the Hughes and Kettner site and looked up everything i could about it, but i couldnt find a release date or a price for it...

EDIT: YES, from what i can tell about the amp, it is a FULL TUBE AMP...not a valve amp or a hybrid or any solid state crap...just pure tube tone...

@the guy that said it might be his first tube amp
Ya, i currently own a horrid little Line 6 Spider 4 15w, and im looking to upgrade amp-wise, im trying to find the best tube amp out there because i REALLY dont wanna waste 700$+ on a amp that sucks horrendously.

Currently (to date) i've been told to check out:
1. H&K TubeMeister 18
2. Orange Tiny Terror OR Dual Terror
3. Vox Night Train
4. Blackstar Soloist 60
5. Jet City 50w

I like the Tubemeister mainly because i could buy it, then use it with headphones until i got the money to buy a decent Cabinet, most likely a Orange PPC 1x12 or 2x12. I could use it at home, while i just haul my Spider to band practice until i get a cab.

EDIT:
plus im not looking for insane amounts of gain, the stuff my band plays is like The Eagles, SOME Metallica, 3 doors down...you know......contemporary, classic, hard rock

if i needed a OD pedal i'd buy one, or try to get the gain out of my Digitech RP355

EDIT (AGAIN):
If you all know any better amps that i could do that as well with (hook up headphones into and just play with the head alone without a cab, i'd be glad to know them. I know the TubeMeister can and thats one reason i like it...if there is a better amp that can do the same thats under a 1000$ USD, then i'd be cool with looking at it as well
Last edited by B.C. RICH5000 at Apr 18, 2011,
well out of you list i would cross out tiny terror, dual terror (im looking to sell mine very unimpressed) and the blackstar. the others are all pretty gd.
xx
Ya, i've heard the very same Billabob...i've been told from several people that the orange is generally muddy, which is dont care for too much.

They are a very good amp brand, but i've been told on multiple occasions to stray away from the Tiny Terrors or Dual Terrors

EDIT: Oh by the way, i was told to check out the Egnater Rebel and Tweaker Series, especially the Egnater Tweaker 112 15w and Rebel 30 Combo amp

both of which seem like good amps, but i know absolutly nothing about Egnater so im a bit iffy on them (i dont know if they have a good history, or are reliable, good quality amps etc.etc.)
Last edited by B.C. RICH5000 at Apr 18, 2011,
Quote by Dave_Mc
i don't know.

either it doesn't have much preamp gain or there are some solid state shenanigans going on.

I have played both head and combo version at Musikmesse.
It has quite a lot of gain, but not gobs of compressed mush.
I was speaker to engineer/designer and he was clear about TM being full tube amp.
No diodes and SS in creating overdrive.
I asked him how it's possible with so few preamp tubes and he said,
that they use some tricky switching/reconfiguring of the tubes when switching between channels.

BTW TubeMeister sounded very nice.
I am very eager to give it proper test when they will available in the shops.
^ thanks

Quote by hansolo1106
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=869997&highlight=hughes+tubemeister&page=3

"I have also talked to aguy, who was introduced to me as a engineer/designer of this amp.
He stated clearly that there is full tube amp, no diods for clipping and such.
He said that they use some pretty tricky valve switching, so valves are differently configuered for clean and lead channel."

thanks. I'd still want to see a schematic to be sure, but I guess it's possible.

Quote by B.C. RICH5000

EDIT: YES, from what i can tell about the amp, it is a FULL TUBE AMP...not a valve amp or a hybrid or any solid state crap...just pure tube tone...

valves = tubes
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ thanks

thanks. I'd still want to see a schematic to be sure, but I guess it's possible.

valves = tubes

i did not know that...
nonetheless the Tubemeister looks very good, if i can manage to wait until june/july i will definitly give this head a chance
BTW. if you live in the U.S.A., can you buy things off Thoman.com? i've never used it before, thats why im asking
yeah valve is just the british english term for a tube.

Not sure. I don't see why not, but you never know, they just might not ship outside europe. Postage might be a lot, too, if they do ship. You should be able to subtract the VAT too if you buy from thomann outside the EU, so that'd be worth asking too.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ya, the shipping might KILL me if its way too high...unfortunatly its a really good site compared the the sites i usually go to, for some reason Musiciansfriend doesnt stock up on certain brands (Traynor, Bugera, Laney etc.etc.)...

and unfortuantly those brands are usually at sites where i would have to pay a international shipping cost as well lol
The H&K does look nasty indeed - but you already have a good list of amps your looking at. Also - the Jet City 20w 2 channel head will be out in a few months at ~$400, worth checking out.
ya, i've heard several good things from Jet City, specifically to keep an eye out for the 20w 2 channel head....

and by the way, let me just say this...

does everything new come out around june or july? i mean damn, seriously lol...theres like 5 amps im looking into that all come out around june or july
no idea

a lot of things come out for the namm shows... there's one in the winter and one in the summer i think? Also musikmesse in germany (when's that, early spring?).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?