I'm not sure if this thread exists elsewhere, so if it does, I'm sorry.

Otherwise! Appreciate Magazine here! THE most underrated band to come out of Manchester, yet did so so much for post-punk, or for music in general.

Radiohead and The Smiths cite them as big influences, and though all of the band are as important as each other, the lead singer Howard Devoto is a lyrical genius and guitarist John McGeoch is one of the most original guitarsits ever...

If you've heard of them, then just say so I'm not alone!
And if you've not, listen to a track called "Motorcade" to ween you in!

Much love to the mighty Magazine!
Yeah! Post Punk doesn't get enough appreciation here! I've listened to "Real Life" and I was more than impressed. What album should I get next?
Quote by Brown Blimp
Yeah! Post Punk doesn't get enough appreciation here! I've listened to "Real Life" and I was more than impressed. What album should I get next?

You beautiful soul! Its strange that I'm genuinely citing an oft-overlooked band and people just ignore it, even though they probably could just listen to them in their spare time on the internet... And they're supposed to be music fans!
Ah well.

Anyway, listen to Secondhand Daylight next, its another really good album. In particular listen out for a song called Permafrost, it has possibly the best chorus going.
I love Magazine, Real Life is such a great album. I've got Secondhand Daylight, too, but I haven't listened to it as much, though "Permafrost" certainly sticks in yr head! Howard Devoto looked like such a creep.
The only song I've heard by Magazine is "Burst" because MGMT covered it on KCRW.

I guess I'll check out some other stuff of theirs, Burst is pretty cool.
I plan to push Magazine in peoples faces whenever and however I can!