I have an Ampeg B2R-E, and I just hooked up my BDDI into the power amp input in the back of the amp. Says I can do it in the manual. Quite honestly it sounds better than the actual amp itself. Anyways, how would I run the rest of my effects? I have a Boss ODB, a limiter/enhancer and a chorus. My predicament is my local sound guy doesn't DI the amp, only the bass and effects directly into the PA. He's a clown, but its the only place for live metal in my town. Anyone running the same setup?
Simplest way:
Bass -> FX -> Sans amp
-XLR out to desk
-Jack out to amp

FX - If you want them through the PA + amp then you have to put them in front of the sans amp.
If however you want them to only go through the main (and use your cab as a "clean monitor") put them in the the PA path using appropriate converters if necessary (and perhaps a second DI if it's a long long way to the desk, which it's probably not)

NB there are probably better ways - but this is simple - which is a big bonus when you have little time to sound check.
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
So I can run all this to the Power Amp in section? This way the SansAmp is in control of everything?

EDIT: The soundguy won't use the SansAmp to the mixer. He uses his own piece crap. I would prefer to mic the cab, but he won't do that either lol
Last edited by kalimah! at Apr 18, 2011,
the sansamp manual says to always connect the bass to the sansamp then have any other pedal/fx after it in the chain.

tbh that soundguy sounds like he knows absolutely nothing anyway....
My Setup:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass,
Fender USA Jazz Bass
Hartke LH1000,
Hartke Hydrive 410,
Sansamp BDDI,
Electro-harmonix Black Finger Compressor.
Quote by jackers1234
the sansamp manual says to always connect the bass to the sansamp then have any other pedal/fx after it in the chain.

tbh that soundguy sounds like he knows absolutely nothing anyway....

Oh believe me, he doesn't.