My question is twofold.

Vintage or compensated bridges? Why?

and

What can I do to improve the intonation on my tele? For example, my low E is perfect, but my A is about 10 cents flat. I've heard about bending the screw and stuff like that. Anyone care to give some specifics?

Thanks.
i dont know how the compensated bridge can make such a huge difference, there are allways people that like their guitar 200% correct etc. but i myself think a slightly off intonation aint as bad as people say.
so as for vintage or compensated i say go for vintage when you want compensated you might aswell just go 6 saddle?

intonation is instructed very well in the set-up thread( if that is its name) the first sticky thread in this forum.
Last edited by wolvenrick at Apr 18, 2011,
I know the process of intonating a guitar, but the bridge requires some modification on many teles to get it perfect, as far as I am aware.
It might be a cheaper route to just buy a new saddle and see if maybe an improper casting or cut is the problem in your specific guitar. If not, take it to a pro and have them set it up. I always think I'm a pretty big hot shot at setting up a guitar, then after getting one back from a pro I realize I've much to learn.
I think what he means, is that he has the vintage(3-saddle) bridge, and therefore, is practicly impossible to intonate. so what I would do, is a) intonate it in the middle so that instead of having the e dead-on and the a flat, you would have the E a little sharp and the A a little flat or b) get compensated saddles as that would close the gap cent-wise and be pretty close to perfect on both your E and A strings

thats just what I would do at least :P
My gear:
Guitars:
2010 Dean Vendetta XMT(modified... heavily)
2005ish Squier Bullet(also modified)
2007 Ibanez AEG series acoustic-electric
1990's Montana acoustic guitar
Amps:
Marshall MG10
Fender bassman
Thanks for suggestions guys. I have a really stupid question. What if I made the saddle height on the A-side of the guitar higher...would that not sharpen the intonation a little bit?
well, how you arre supposed to intonate with a vintage style tele bridge is to angle the saddles. But it's a giant pain in the ass.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Angle the saddles how? Any tutorials or videos or pictures? Do I bend the actual saddle, the screw, the height screws?
Find Roc and PM him. I think he has some compensated saddles, I think. He tends to answer just about every tele bridge question that comes around.
this is the best pic I can find to explain it:

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Fender Excelsior 13w
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
^that would be damage to a pefectly good saddle. there are several companies out there that produce angled(aka compensated) saddles that are likely of superior quality than the stock saddles for maybe 40 bucks, you can then intonate and adjust to your liking with better intonation than witout compensated saddles

http://www.stewmac.com/shopby/item/5167?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=2011-04-gp%22

^thats a basic one

http://www.stewmac.com/shopby/item/5167?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=2011-04-gp%22

^these are ultimate
My gear:
Guitars:
Amps:
Marshall MG10
Fender bassman
My gear:
Guitars:
Amps:
Marshall MG10
Fender bassman
Quote by kaneorsomething
so do I actually grab the saddle with pliers and shift it?

**** if I know. I like to stick to 6 saddle bridges.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Fender Excelsior 13w
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Why don't you get one of these .
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!