(Uni for you ladies & gents across the pond.)

So, I'll be transferring to one of four Universities in Wisconsin. I've been accepted to all of them, and I will be studying computer science. (Comp sci is one of the few fields that I think wouldn't drive me to distraction with frustration.) The choice is down to how close do I wish to live to home, I guess.

Anyway, has anyone else ever had to make a choice between which school they're attending? Or have you ever transferred from one higher ed institution to another? Share any good advice you have. Or just BS & share your story.
Trust your gut feeling, that's improtant. Also, try to list features that's important, for instance good computer labs, or availabillity of exercising facillities.

I am attending an "alternative" school, mostly as a gap year thing. I'm doing a music programme there before I start with computer engineering. The thing is, I got accepted into all the five schools I applied to. That sucked in a good way. I just narrowed down into the western region of Norway, and then one that isn't Christian (I'm Christian myself, but I didn't want the backward rules, arbitrary alcohol tests when we've been into town, and so forth.)
I do not regret my choise. Can't wait to get there now though.

Good luck finding the right one. Also, if I were you, I'd chosen one that is a bit far from home.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Last edited by sfaune92 at Apr 18, 2011,
I had to choose between Grand Valley State University and Western Michigan University (the only ones I applied for, both accepted me). I literally chose by looking away and pointing my finger at Grand Valley.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
My college of choice at the moment is around an hour and a half away from my house. Close enough to travel to and from my house once a month, but I do want to be far away from where I am.

And your sig about made me laugh in my class. You should be ashamed. xD
college choices suck
fortunately cause of money problem my choices got cut down to two colleges

im going to calstate la
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I had to choose between Grand Valley State University and Western Michigan University (the only ones I applied for, both accepted me). I literally chose by looking away and pointing my finger at Grand Valley.

Ferris State here, an hour north of you. I had a few friends that went to GVSU. they ended up transferring lol
Last edited by strat335 at Apr 18, 2011,
Just so you know, If you think comp sci is easy, you're in for a rude awakening. Honestly its one of the hardest fields. If you dont know anything about programming or understand the concept of it, well you're not going to like school
2/17/08 Kosova's independence!!!
Quote by zbest
Just so you know, If you think comp sci is easy, you're in for a rude awakening. Honestly its one of the hardest fields. If you dont know anything about programming or understand the concept of it, well you're not going to like school

My friend was getting into it and changed his major at the end of his first semester. He hated every minute of it, it wasn't hard just boring.
Think about what you like and dislike about your currently school. Definitely visit every campus before you make your decision. Take your time, try to consider everything because you're going to be spending a lot of time and money there.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by blackflag49
I'm transferring to Cornell this fall. I still can't wrap my head around that.

Congrats, man. That's awesome. Cornell is a big deal.

(Invalid img)

If you like nature, you're gonna love Ithaca.
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
Quote by guitarxo
I'm going to U Minn- Twin Cities this fall

I have two really good friends all the way here in D.C that are going there next year!
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by suckmahnuts
I have two really good friends all the way here in D.C that are going there next year!

That's awesome!
Do you know what they're majoring in?
cat
Quote by guitarxo
That's awesome!
Do you know what they're majoring in?

I think one is international studies and the other will be going into fish and forestry management
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by strat335
Ferris State here, an hour north of you. I had a few friends that went to GVSU. they ended up transferring lol

A lot of people I know of who went to Ferris transferred out lol. Most people who transfer out of here do it because we're not a party school. Fine by me, partiers are nothing but a distraction anyway.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I'm dropping out lulz
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~