Ordered this from the States last Thursday, and it showed up today (well yesterday now I guess). Super props to Funky Munky Music for getting this out so fast, through FedEx and for FREE to boot!
Now onto the pr0nz and write up...

She's a Lakland Skyline 55-64!

Some nice figuring on the back.

Specs are as follows:
Ash body.
Maple neck and fretboard.
35" scale.
Hipshot Licensed Ultra-lite tuners.
Lakland's "Dual Access" bridge. (Which is pretty nifty really, you can go either string-thru or thru-bridge.)
Lakland's Hybrid split coil pickup.
And 19mm string spacing and some other stuff no one's really going to be interested in.

I like this bass, I really do. It's actually my first EVER brand new bass (plastic is even still on in the pictures). But I thought I'd be a lot more impressed with the Skylines than I was though. I haven't had a chance to play it through my rig yet but through my little Amplitube/headphones set up it sounds pretty nice, heaps of that punch P basses are known for and just a bit more of that "growl" than your average Fender P.
The neck, is chunky as hell, it makes the neck on my 75RI Jazz feel like a twig (which it is a bit but still). Here's a pic comparing the two, doesn't really give too good of an idea though imo.

The Ash body is really light and there's no neck dive whatsoever but I bet if it wasn't for the Ultra-lite tuners it'd be a different story.
I read a few things about Skylines coming out of the factory with some dodgy wiring and sadly, this one is no exception. The bridge grounding is dodgy, it will buzz like crazy until I put my hand on it. It's heading to the my tech's on Thursday for a set up and to get this fixed so I'm not too bummed.
Last thing, the pickguard is actually mint green, it's hard to photograph and I didn't even realise until about half an hour after unboxing it. It looks pretty cool, maybe an aquired taste. Personally I think it gives off a little bit of a '57 gold adonized look.
Can't wait to get these disgusting D'addarios off it too.

Here's a family shot (of the ones that get played).

Left to right: Fender JB75-US, Lakland 55-64, Warwick Corvette Std Bubinga, Fender Standard Fretless Jazz.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Apr 18, 2011,
I like it when people have NBD threads about a bass that I have no interest in.

They're happy, I'm still happy.

Everyone's happy.

HNBD pal
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Last edited by gilly_90 at Apr 18, 2011,
Quote by gilly_90
I like it when people have NBD threads about a bass that I have no interest in.

They're happy, I'm still happy.

Everyone's happy.

HNBD pal

We'll see how we go next time then.

Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Where do you get the money to pay for these things?

HNBD, 19mm string spacing ftw!
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Yay for 5 strings and split pickups!

HNBD!!
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
That is one chunky neck. Always wanted to try a Lakland myself, though always been more into the ones with humbuckers/jazz pups on. They're classy things though. Love the look of the slightly tinted scratchplate too. HNBD.
I want lke everything you have. throw an atk in there and thats my gass list. except one of the jazz needs to be a 5 and the p needs to be fretless.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by Tostitos
Where do you get the money to pay for these things?

HNBD, 19mm string spacing ftw!

Usually I deal hunt, all the basses I've bought so far this year I've bought for pretty cheap.
But for this one I borrowed money from my Dad, I'll have him paid back in a couple of weeks. It's just I needed a five string and I'm been a bit broke lately due to time of work due to my screwed up back.

The 19mm string spacing is awesome, this thing is an absolute DREAM to slap on.
Quote by the_perdestrian
I want lke everything you have. throw an atk in there and thats my gass list. except one of the jazz needs to be a 5 and the p needs to be fretless.

I have a feeling I might've been happier with a 5 string Jazz of some sort but we'll see how the P goes. It needs a setup badly, the action on the B string is so low the string's getting pulled down by the pickup. But I don't think I'll be pulling the frets out of it anytime soon

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
^ Shh you

To add to the coolness my YLOD'd 60 GB PS3 from eBay just showed up. Gonna make an easter holidays project out of it.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
ylod?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
^ Yup. Probably/hopefully just a thermal paste job.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB