Hi folks,
I have been playing guitar for 9 months and i'm sure i have some skill in guitar. I love playing guitar and i always play guitar everyday . But nowadays, i'm bored because i can play most of my favorite songs and will be played . I'm interested in your lessons like pentatonic gams (which is very important) or finger exercises. I've started them to practise myself. So there is some questions for you to answer

1)What should i do to increase my guitar skill except of them ?

2)I dont know how to pentatonic gams (it is said it increases the solo skill) are used for, can you explain it for me ?

3)I'd like to write my own song what should i do?

4)What should i do to find out songs without looking to tab ?

When you help me , i'll be pleased .

Thanks to ultimate - guitar Family
musictheory.net is a wonderful website with lessons and excercises. I'd say learning scales will help your soloing because you'll learn to recognize keys which is super helpful. Also, try out the ear trainer. Having a good year is an extremely valuable skill as a musician and although it may not seem that important now, it'll help you solo once your more advanced, learn songs quickly, and play less like your playing an instrument more like youre producing music =)
good luck!!
Quote by kagendew
musictheory.net is a wonderful website with lessons and excercises. I'd say learning scales will help your soloing because you'll learn to recognize keys which is super helpful. Also, try out the ear trainer. Having a good year is an extremely valuable skill as a musician and although it may not seem that important now, it'll help you solo once your more advanced, learn songs quickly, and play less like your playing an instrument more like youre producing music =)
good luck!!

Thanks for tip mate any suggestions ?
http://www.justinguitar.com/

this sites great. It covers loads of styles of music, techniques and more. I especially recommend doing the rhythm guitar, blues and aural training!

Aural training will make it 1000 times easier to work out songs by ear with out using tab.

But I also recommend learning to site read proper music notation. This way the music is quicker to learn and is much more accurate. Learning to read can be dull, but it will make you a stronger guitar player, and if you want a career on guitar, there is a huge chance you will need it.
Is getting a decent guitar teacher an option?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Learn songs and analyze how the chord progress is.
learn solos to help you have some licks, and work on your finger dexterity

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
Quote by Sean0913
That would be my suggestion also. Being self taught can be tough, as there's no one there to give you feedback and direction.

Best,

Sean

Like me...

TS:
i would start not with pentatoni scales, but instead the open notes/chords, and how to read the staff. Then move on to scales (probably c major, but not c pentatonic major) It may seem boring at first, but the understanding and knowledge is very useful
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Quote by Venice King
Is getting a decent guitar teacher an option?

Yes i am educated by a master and he helps me to inctease my skill quikly but that isnt enough cuz his course is one day in a week
Quote by Sean0913
What skill is that?

Sean

That skill means ability of playing guitar, and im quick learner so i can figure out riffs easily. And i am sure im intermediate in guitar i mean that when i said skill
Quote by Hezeyeye
That skill means ability of playing guitar, and im quick learner so i can figure out riffs easily. And i am sure im intermediate in guitar i mean that when i said skill

I dont think you can make that judgement without some theory knowledge. Or an example of your intermediate skill. I still consider consider myself a beginner and I've been playing bass for four years. Ive only been studying theory for one year, dnd it want until then that I saw a significant increase in my abilities/skill
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Quote by Hezeyeye
Hi folks,
I have been playing guitar for 9 months and i'm sure i have some skill in guitar. I love playing guitar and i always play guitar everyday . But nowadays, i'm bored because i can play most of my favorite songs and will be played . I'm interested in your lessons like pentatonic gams (which is very important) or finger exercises. I've started them to practise myself. So there is some questions for you to answer

1)What should i do to increase my guitar skill except of them ?

2)I dont know how to pentatonic gams (it is said it increases the solo skill) are used for, can you explain it for me ?

3)I'd like to write my own song what should i do?

4)What should i do to find out songs without looking to tab ?

When you help me , i'll be pleased .

Thanks to ultimate - guitar Family

1) Keep learning songs. Many people get stuck in the whole exercise thing and chase only speed and neglects musicality. Learning songs will both improve your technique and musicianship.
Learn music theory. This will help you understand the guitar and what you're playing and how it all fits together. It doesn't take very long to get the basics down (keys, scales, how chords are built, what chords in what key, common progressions..), and then you can do a lot more.
Transcribe (learning songs by ear). Your ears are your best friend as a musician, it's important to start training them early as they usually take a long time to improve.
Use a metronome. Essential to make sure that you're rhythm is tight (it may seem tight to you, but the metronome never lies).
Find a band. Nothing makes you improve more than playing with others.

2) I'm sorry I have no idea what you're getting at... Jams?..

3) Well, basically you have three options:
Use your ears. Pretty simple, you hear a melody/chord progression/beat and you play it. I don't know how good your ears are, but if they aren't very good, getting what you hear in your head out on the guitar might be problematic and sometimes you can get stuck. This can often be helped by:
Using theory: This means that you use your knowledge of music theory to write a song (what's the key? What chords lead good into eachother? Cadences? Scales? Dynamics etc.) WARNING: Using only theory will often result in a very predictable and boring song, so it's important to also use your ears! Remember: If it sounds good, it is good! That's the golden rule of music.
Noodling around: This is just noodling around trying to find something that sounds cool. Not my fauvorite option, but it seems to work for a lot of people. Knowing some theory may speed up this process a little as it explains what notes sound "good" with eachothers so there's less guessing. It also helps you connect that one awesome riff you've found with the rest of the song.
Personally, I use a combination of the above.

4) Transcribe. Start simple (you know Happy Birthday melody and such) and then slowly move up. Also, transcribing can very easily get frustrating if you let it, espescially in the beginning. At first I always got really frustrated when practicing transcribing because I chose too hard songs and never got it right, and then I got pissed off. What helped was to just don't care too much if it went right or wrong, and just do it a lot. Like if I think of a melody line or chord progression while playing I just try to find it on the guitar and if it doesn't work out, then I just do something else (like improvising) or take another melody thing to transcribe. The important thing is that you do it a lot and regularly.

Best of luck!
//Muffinz
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Quote by Hezeyeye

So what is it that you want to learn, if you are being taught by a master> Is he a master teacher, or is he a master player? There is a difference.

Best,

Sean
Quote by Hezeyeye

Try listening to stuff you don't know.

Jazz, latin, classical, different types of guitar based rock .. etc.

You may be one of those guys who has a great ear and needs to broaden your horizons a little.

HTH
"I have been playing guitar for 9 months..." "But nowadays, i'm bored because i can play most of my favorite songs and will be played."

How about broadening your musical repertoire?? You learned all the songs you wanted to know and you only started playing 9 months ago? There is more music in the world than the Hanson cd your older sister gave you 5 years ago.

You ever ask yourself why all the songs you know sound exactly the same?
Quote by eyewtkas08
"I have been playing guitar for 9 months..." "But nowadays, i'm bored because i can play most of my favorite songs and will be played."

How about broadening your musical repertoire?? You learned all the songs you wanted to know and you only started playing 9 months ago? There is more music in the world than the Hanson cd your older sister gave you 5 years ago.

You ever ask yourself why all the songs you know sound exactly the same?

You re right i will listen different types of musics. It can develop my skill
Quote by Sean0913
So what is it that you want to learn, if you are being taught by a master> Is he a master teacher, or is he a master player? There is a difference.

Best,

Sean

His guitar playing is awesome but i would like to develoP myself quickly