Ok I'm pretty sure this is a dumb question but I'll just ask since I want to know.

Does a Tubescreamer works on a solid state amp? Since it's name is TUBEscreamer I'd tend to say it's only for tube amps.

Thank you.
Quote by PatrickChampoux
Ok I'm pretty sure this is a dumb question but I'll just ask since I want to know.

Does a Tubescreamer works on a solid state amp? Since it's name is TUBEscreamer I'd tend to say it's only for tube amps.

Thank you.

I use a tubescreamer for a solid state, it works just fine. I use it with my Strat and SG. Both sound great with it.

But your gonna get people telling you it wont work because their tube amp fan-boys.
I play guitar.
Quote by Way Cool JR.
You just usually us it different for each application, on SS use it like a distortion on tube amp you usually use it as a boost. A Tubescreamer is just a pedal that is made to simulate an over-driven tube amp and it also works great for boosting an already over-driven tube amp to get more/tighter gain.

Or to colour the tone with its bass loss and mid boost.

I love tubescreamers, but I love the SD-1 more and the Fulldrive 2 (essentially a modified SD-1 circuit) the best.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
if you use a tubescreamer on a non tube amp, your signal will just cut out. You need a Dual Rec
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}