Page 1 of 2
Title says it all.

For me it's Lady Gaga. I used to be so anti Gaga it was unreal. But since Born This Way was released, I'm starting to tolerate her and usually don't turn over if her songs come on at work on the radio. She gets a lot of hate on here but she good. I watched the video for Born This Way and it's actually one of the best pop videos I've ever seen. Very Dali-esque

Another was Hendrix. I really wanted to hate him at first cuz I thought he was probably gunna be overrated. Now I have an album of his on my iPod that gets regular play.

What about you guys?
Jethro Tull
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Yngwie Malmsteen. I thought it was just stupid pretentious wankery, but I'm really starting to like his stuff.
There's only one song
Left in my mind
Tales of a brave man
Who lived far from here
Now the bard songs are over
And it's time to leave
No one should ask You for the name Of the one
Who tells the story
Insane Clown Posse, no joke.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826

+1
I even learnt the solo in Miracles.
There's only one song
Left in my mind
Tales of a brave man
Who lived far from here
Now the bard songs are over
And it's time to leave
No one should ask You for the name Of the one
Who tells the story
Kanye West, I used to not like him because of some of his antics, but his music has been growing on me lately.
Quote by Waffleexplosion
Only in a vodka ad could Mexico win a war.
Quote by zgr0826

But they're all about jokes.

Bullet For My Valentine. I like their music now, but I still can't look at their music videos. It makes me feel ashamed for listening to music made by people that dress like idiots.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
What kind of dumbass wants to hate an artist just for the sake of hating them?
PM me for newts
Jason Derulo. I really want to hate him as bad as I did in the beginning again.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Quote by StewieSwan

That's the way our drummer is with the Bebes. But I'm always telling that he's putting so much effort into hating him that he might as well love him, lol.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

Quote by DoucheBag

Is it just me, or do you agree that douchebags like this would be better off not posting in threads they disagree with?
Kings Of Leon, I hated them just because of Caleb's voice, I sort of warmed up to them with Use Somebody and then I heard their new album Come Around Sundown which has some really good songs on it, they are really growing on me.
Quote by C_Miller
Ke$ha. I still hate her music, but I saw this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGj3BKZj248

And I realized that she actually can sing. And as far as Dance-Pop artists go, Animal isn't really a bad song at all.

I don't mind Ke$ha at all, but that just made me like her. She has a good country voice. The people singing during the chorus made me want to scream, though.

lately, katy perry. i didn't hate her, per se, i just didn't really pay attention to her. but i love the song et.
Go Veg.
Last edited by im not mental at Apr 18, 2011,
Kesha worked her way up from nothing. Of course she can sing.

EDIT: I never really liked Kanye, but I've been getting into him a lot lately. Same with Tupac, since I heard Hit 'Em Up.
I used to really hate Dream Theater because of the singer. Now I'm addicted to the Train of Thought album.

Same with August Burns Red, I used to think they were generic Christian metalcore, but now I really like their Constellations album.
Last edited by guitaristren at Apr 18, 2011,
waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait......

Lady Gaga? Katy Perry?

Commercial stuff gets to your brain and sticks. it's MADE to. I hate it because of that: it has no merits whatsoever, it's pure, textbook catchiness and nothing else.
Damn you guys i thought there were brains in this world.

I don't really want to hate anyone that i have no ideological beef with so
Quote by Naturalchampion
Is it just me, or do you agree that douchebags like this would be better off not posting in threads they disagree with?

If I'm honest, I agree with him entirely.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Basti95
waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait......

Lady Gaga? Katy Perry?

Commercial stuff gets to your brain and sticks. it's MADE to. I hate it because of that: it has no merits whatsoever, it's pure, textbook catchiness and nothing else.
Damn you guys i thought there were brains in this world.

I don't really want to hate anyone that i have no ideological beef with so

Lady Gaga's got so popular because she is genuinely good at what she does. So what if her songs are written to be catchy? She's got an awesome voice and is talented. It's just something that makes pop. You get metal that has massively overly complicated breakdowns and tapping riffs and screaming, it's just a product of that genre. Having a catchy tune is just a product of pop music.
Quote by Naturalchampion

u so clever
PM me for newts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_xDAXuTJVM

This is a song by Stefani Germanotta. Also now known as Lady Gaga. You listen to that and tell me she's not a good musician and you can go suck off a cactus. Oh, she wrote all of this.

Katy Perry can sing. Lady Gaga can sing. Ke$ha can sing. They all can do it well. Pop songs are often not written by the artist. With Lady Gaga being an exception to this, but she's made no false claims: She stated she wanted to be famous, so she sold out. She's not hidden that.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
I don't really 'want' to hate anyone but I guess if we're talking about bands that people think I would hate, but in fact don't mind, I'd have to say Owl City. Fireflies is an averagely decently, albeit now overplayed, song.

I also like pop punk.
IT'S BEEN
Quote by boreamor

This is a song by Stefani Germanotta. Also now known as Lady Gaga. You listen to that and tell me she's not a good musician and you can go suck off a cactus. Oh, she wrote all of this.

Katy Perry can sing. Lady Gaga can sing. Ke$ha can sing. They all can do it well. Pop songs are often not written by the artist. With Lady Gaga being an exception to this, but she's made no false claims: She stated she wanted to be famous, so she sold out. She's not hidden that.

Not my sort of thing but that's good proof she's very talented. She did an awesome cover of Led Zep's D'yer Maker. Look it up
The Darkness are really growing on me, or am I growing on them? Any fool can see.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by boreamor

I really don't care either way on this debate, but I definitely think that your view on her talents and songwriting ability in this example is pretty amplified just from knowledge that she's Lady Gaga.

If no one knew that was Lady Gaga and I posted that song in the forced listening thread, I'd be overrun with 4/10's and "that was the most average thing ever. Super boring" comments. Now, if I posted that (and the listener wasn't just trying to be a dick), it's gonna get 8's or higher and all these "I can't believe Lady Gaga wrote that! It's soooo good!" comments.

I'm not here to interpret what musical talent is, and like I said, I really don't care either way, I just think that's a pretty lousy example to prove your point.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by Naturalchampion

Then how would he prove he's super cool and tolerant of all music?
Quote by in2thesun88
Kings Of Leon, I hated them just because of Caleb's voice, I sort of warmed up to them with Use Somebody and then I heard their new album Come Around Sundown which has some really good songs on it, they are really growing on me.

Have you heard their early stuff, e.g. 'Red Morning Light'? It's fantastic!
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Quote by stef123
Have you heard their early stuff, e.g. 'Red Morning Light'? It's fantastic!

+5000.
Their first 2 albums are two of my favourite albums of all time.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
+5000.
Their first 2 albums are two of my favourite albums of all time.

You sir, are a friend for life
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Evanescence. Her voice is extraordinary, tbh she deserves to be with better guitarists/a better drummer.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Metallica, I'm known for not liking them and I used to not, but just today I found myself with one of their songs stuck in my head, and now it's back in my head right now because of this thread.
I never hated them but when I first heard Animal Collective I thought they were rubbish. Now I want to buy a synth and play trippy electronic pop.
Quote by C_Miller
Ke$ha. I still hate her music, but I saw this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGj3BKZj248

And I realized that she actually can sing. And as far as Dance-Pop artists go, Animal isn't really a bad song at all.

Hm she actually has a nice voice.

WHY MUST SHE INSIST ON AUTO TUNING HER VOICE. WHY.
Page 1 of 2