9V batteries and it depends on which brand of pickups you are using
depending on what pickups you're using (seeing the schecter I assume EMG's), its more than likely a single 9V (some might have 2 of them). if you're unplugging your guitar when not playing, the battery should last thousands of hours. you don't really need to change it until you notice a change in performance; gritty sounding, weak and sluggish response. I change mine every year or so, regardless of whether the battery is going just to avoid any "surprise on stage!!!" moments
1. They're called "ACTIVE" pickups
2. The battery should last a very long time (few months to a year)
3. Keep the guitar unplugged when you're not playing, because when the guitar is plugged in, it uses up the battery.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by GibsonMan321
1. They're called "ACTIVE" pickups
2. The battery should last a very long time (few months to a year)
3. Keep the guitar unplugged when you're not playing, because when the guitar is plugged in, it uses up the battery.

this- and you'll notice a signifigant change in tone when its time to change the battery
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
I find that the amp starts crackling when the battery needs to be changed. The first time it happened, i thought the valves in the amp were dead. A new battery later, problem fixed.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee