i have this 2009 epiphone riviera custom

a la http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Riviera-Custom-P93-Electric-Guitar?sku=516284

basically, it sounds kinda bad, and i was wondering what you might recommend i do. i play mainly folk and jam stuff (via lsdmusic), and i want to make it into something i can use for that.

thanks yall
don't drink and drive, smoke and fly. actually, do both, if that's what you want. i won't care.
It probably sounds bad because of the mediocre amp you play it through
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
^don't mind the trolls. depending on the type of amp you have, it could sound bad cuz of that, but it could also be because of the type of pick-ups you are used to, or maybe it needs set up to avoid fret-buzz(seeing as you never specified the problems). the only other thing I can think of is maybe you play this one differently than your other ones, simalar to how I play my hardtails differently then my tremolo-equipped guitars.
My gear:
Guitars:
2010 Dean Vendetta XMT(modified... heavily)
2005ish Squier Bullet(also modified)
2007 Ibanez AEG series acoustic-electric
1990's Montana acoustic guitar
Amps:
Marshall MG10
Fender bassman
How the f*** was that trolling? I looked at his profile and it says he has a small solid state combo...

That guitar is decent, and would sound amazing through a good amp.

You're a troll
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
oh lol whoops, I didn't even realize you could look at profiles. at first I thought you were like some people on here who just troll. please do disregard anything stupid I have said. :P
My gear:
Guitars:
Amps:
Marshall MG10
Fender bassman
bros bros bros, i made that profile like four yeaaaars ago. these days, i play through a 1965 fender vibrochamp. it's only eight watts, but it's ard 'cause i'm not really performing. i use that little combo to play my keys through, since it sounds the cleanest out of all my amps. trollin 4givedd
don't drink and drive, smoke and fly. actually, do both, if that's what you want. i won't care.
i have a family friend who can help me put this together, if that helps anyone
ok well I suppose a change of pickups might help. me having had zero experience with vibrochamps, I couldn't tell you if it's someting with the amp, but I suppose you could try changing up the EQ?
My gear:
Guitars:
Amps:
Marshall MG10
Fender bassman
well it seems like a quality amp, ill just take your word.

bad how? tuning, buzz, thin, to muddy????

easy fixex such as changing a capacitor could help. or go get yourself some higher quality dog ear p90s. i recommend GFS for cheapies (almost so cheap you could buy one to test it, and if you dnt like it so darn cheap it really doesnt matter. then buy the other 2 if you do like it).

or lollars for good ones.

nut? strings? all are fixes that are rlatively cheap besides high quality pups. but again, you havent specified what is actually wrong.
^+1

going along with the pups, you may have gotten a guitar with a few *gasp* duds... but epiphone is pretty consistent. I would still try different pups anyway.
My gear:
Guitars:
Amps:
Marshall MG10
Fender bassman
You can often get stellar results with a pickup swap in a hollowbody Epi. There are plenty of comparisons on Youtube.