Some might know that we had elections in Finland. It was a shocking result when I turned on the radio this morning. The racist, anti-Swede and anti-EU party had gotten 39 mandates of 201(the third most). They want Swedish away(Finnish and Swedish are the official languages of Finland), they don't want any immigrates and they want to leave EU.

Opinions?

Some links too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timo_Soini
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/True_Finns
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandatory_Swedish
http://www.vaalit.fi/53561.htm
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
No swedish? They can go åt helvete
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
No swedish? They can go åt helvete

Especially since my family have shed blood for this country too(I'm a Finn, but my native language is Swedish. Often mistaken for a "gay Swede"). Aren't we Finns too? I've heard that there is a racism uprise in the whole of Europe though

Plus, most of the people voted into the parliament from the "True Finns" have no experience what so ever of politics but Soini has. Soini has the ability to speak so every man can understand(even me with my bad Finnish). Soini and Hitler are horribly alike
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Last edited by Axeaman at Apr 18, 2011,
Quote by Axeaman
Especially since my family have shed blood for this country too(I'm a Finn, but my native language is Swedish. Often mistaken for a "gay Swede"). Aren't we Finns too? I've heard that there is a racism uprise in the whole of Europe though

You know, I was just about to make a thread on that

But yeah, it sucks. Where did it come from? Finns have always been kind to swedes and vice versa. I don't have any problems with finns.

Quote by Axeaman
Plus, most of the people voted into the parliament from the "True Finns" have no experience what so ever of politics but Soini has. Soini has the ability to speak so every man can understand(even me with my bad Finnish). Soini and Hitler are horribly alike

Is soini the true finn party leader?
Yeah I was quite disturbed about the True Finn thing. Do they hate Russians too? That's more logical. I guess things are turning to the right all over Europe.

Quote by Kensai
You know, I was just about to make a thread on that

But yeah, it sucks. Where did it come from? Finns have always been kind to swedes and vice versa. I don't have any problems with finns.

Well there is the whole imperialist oppression thing, you know
I find it ironic how how populists try to warn us from immigrants taking over our countries and Europe entirely, yet it's their parties that have been taking over Europe with impressive speed.

Finland, The Netherlands, Switserland, Denmark off the top of my head and probably the rest of it too. BNP didn't do too well in Britain though, did it?

Edit: If my newspaper did its job properly, these guys have been pretty smart about their campaign. Using disproval of EU and Portugal likely draining Finland's funds to push xenophobia and really conservative views on sex and abortion into law.
Last edited by frankv at Apr 18, 2011,
When will people wake up and realize isolationism is butt****ing retarded?
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Well there is the whole imperialist oppression thing, you know

No really though we brought civilization to finland

Quote by ChucklesMginty
So effectively they're the Finnish BNP?

Only worse from what I've seen. They hate swedes.
Quote by StewieSwan
When will people wake up and realize isolationism is butt****ing retarded?

there is nothing retarded about butt****ing.
Quote by CoreysMonster
there is nothing retarded about butt****ing.

It's not god's way.
Check out my band Disturbed
@ Kensai, yeah Soini is. Haha, Finns hate the Swedes. The only put on the nice smile when the Swedes are talked about. After 600 years of occupation, they don't want to see the Swedes again.

@ Mistress, well I don't know. The Russians have a lot of cash and are willing to trade. To be honest, I don't know.

I just think that the voting are just a thrill of the moment. That Viva la Revolution type of thing. Hopefully, nothing will happen in the parliament but on the "street" level stuff will happen.
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Quote by Axeaman
@ Kensai, yeah Soini is. Haha, Finns hate the Swedes. The only put on the nice smile when the Swedes are talked about. After 600 years of occupation, they don't want to see the Swedes again.

Christ, finns should get over it, it's not like we occupied your country lately. But we could!
Aye, pretty crazy stuff's going on atm. But hey, we shouldn't be so naive to think that history would never repeat itself. When things aren't going well, it just ends up with the conjuring of a scapegoat. Then we just need someone to provoke the hell out of it, and voilà.

Hitler and jews, you get the picture.
Quote by Kensai
Christ, finns should get over it, it's not like we occupied your country lately. But we could!

Think of the Finns as a scared dog. First were oppressed by the Swedes for 600 years, then the Russians took our country for another 100 years and after that we got our freedom(which followed by a civil war). A couple of years after that the Russians attacked one winter, peace followed after that. One year later, they attacked again and we got help by the Germans. Peace was negotiated after that, and the Germans backstabbed us. They started burning up villages and killed people up in Lapland.

Let me count. 700 years of oppression + 1 big backstabbing + wars.

To be honest, I see where they're coming from but still, wtf.

@ Sanitarium, I can see some of my people getting more of bullshit from ignorant assholes. What do the "Finns" think of us, really?
Quote by TheChaz

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Last edited by Axeaman at Apr 18, 2011,
It's kind of sad, but seeing others have to deal with the same sort of bizarre, closed minded, hateful bullshit that I see in the U.S. makes me feel more connected to the world... It's almost like people are the same no matter where you go... how weird.
Last edited by Jfischl at Apr 18, 2011,