Page 1 of 2
Maybe it's just in my head or not but it seems we got such an upcoming wave of anti-immigration, right-wing parties in Europe. Not just anti-immigration but very nationalistic, closet racist political parties.

I don't remember hearing much of this until last year or so when you got the netherlands, france, germany, italy, denmark, UK, sweden and some other countries all focusing on anti-immigration, some backwards nationalism fallacy and sometimes they justify it with some "halting the islamist advancement" bs.

Of course any thread I make wouldn't be complete without a BBC article so here it is! Inside there's some info on the specific countries. The follwing map shows how the nationalistic parties hold their ground in a few countries in Europe:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13115454

Thoughts? Would you say it's true? Is it a bad/good thing?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Apr 18, 2011,
Good. Im not xenophobic, I just really hate foreigners.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
we are in an economic slump worldwide. racism fear and hate always swell during economic troubles.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Because minorities must be blamed when social and economic problems come up.
PM me for newts
I think the media have managed to make people believe that the immigration problem is a lot worse than it actually is, hence the increase in the percentage of votes the BNP and similar parties have achieved.
I didn't notice this, but I'm not allowed to vote so I very rarely follow German politics.

Have there been any recent xenophobic legislative changes in your countries?
Completely natural reaction to mass immigration. Or did you think multiculturalism works perfectly fine? Black and white hands holding each other in a circle as everyone sings together about the joys of diversity?

Furthermore, stopping the Islamic advance is a moral thing to do. Take a look at the part of the world where Islam is in the majority. Then take a look at how Islam got to be that majority. It certainly wasn't through peaceful means. It's the duty of Europeans to limit Islamic immigration only to educated professionals. Anything else results in total failure.
I am a nationalist its neither anti immigration or racist. Scumbags like the BNP, EDL etc are not nationalists they are just scum.
I guess we all just got fed up of being nice..

And, of course, Nationalists are the only political entities to acknowledge the threat of Muslamic Ray Guns!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU
Last edited by PeZ546 at Apr 18, 2011,
Quote by AzureNight
Completely natural reaction to mass immigration. Or did you think multiculturalism works perfectly fine? Black and white hands holding each other in a circle as everyone sings together about the joys of diversity?

Furthermore, stopping the Islamic advance is a moral thing to do. Take a look at the part of the world where Islam is in the majority. Then take a look at how Islam got to be that majority. It certainly wasn't through peaceful means. It's the duty of Europeans to limit Islamic immigration only to educated professionals. Anything else results in total failure.

There's a book called America Alone about this very thing. Not necessarily limiting all muslim immigration, but stopping law bending in their religion's favor.
I'm American, so this doesn't really effect me, but as an American it is my duty to force my opinion on others. I always thought of those countries listed as very liberal and tolerant, so I'm shocked at those percentages. To me it seems like the parties are using Islam as a means to frighten/provoke people into thinking it is something bad (considering many people seem to link Islam with terrorism these days).
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
Quote by the_perdestrian
we are in an economic slump worldwide. racism fear and hate always swell during economic troubles.

Agreed. People will turn to desperate measures during desperate times.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I'd say it's a double phenomenon. Both the economic problems making people look for a scapegoat, but also a long-running inadequacy of mainstream politics. The main parties, dancing around the new "social market" consensus, slaves to the whims of capital, are unable to propose any real reforms and solutions to people's problems, which makes the rantings of fascists like Marine Le Pen (I feel I can defend this accusation for once) far more attractive.
Quote by darkcheef
Europe is almost as bad as Japan when it comes to foreigners

LOLOLOLOL

You're an idiot. Western Europe is nothing more than a doormat for "foreigners" to tread on. Look at the percentages of rape committed by Muslim/African immigrants in France and Sweden - and yet in Sweden, if that happens, the blurred face photograph they show on TV shows a "white" person. Obviously that's not saying that "all" Muslims or "all" Africans are bad. Europe has just as much of a right as any other place to preserve the indigenous populations and the national and cultural identity.

Because if we want multiculturalism, then shouldn't we be limiting mass immigration to something reasonable, like only educated professionals (that would further be ideal if all nations had access to good education, but sadly that's not the case yet)? Or is it in the interest of our overlords to destroy national and cultural identities, and replace them with an identity that fits their view of the people as little more than slaves?
Quote by AzureNight
LOLOLOLOL

You're an idiot. Western Europe is nothing more than a doormat for "foreigners" to tread on. Look at the percentages of rape committed by Muslim/African immigrants in France and Sweden - and yet in Sweden, if that happens, the blurred face photograph they show on TV shows a "white" person. Obviously that's not saying that "all" Muslims or "all" Africans are bad. Europe has just as much of a right as any other place to preserve the indigenous populations and the national and cultural identity.

Because if we want multiculturalism, then shouldn't we be limiting mass immigration to something reasonable, like only educated professionals (that would further be ideal if all nations had access to good education, but sadly that's not the case yet)? Or is it in the interest of our overlords to destroy national and cultural identities, and replace them with an identity that fits their view of the people as little more than slaves?

1/10

At least you tried this time
Quote by AzureNight
LOLOLOLOL

Wow you can troll just about anybody can't you???
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by PeZ546
I guess we all just got fed up of being nice..

And, of course, Nationalists are the only political entities to acknowledge the threat of Muslamic Ray Guns!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIPD8qHhtVU

Muslim ray guns, a constant threat.

Quote by StewieSwan
I don't know, Europeans, what's with it?

ಠ_ಠ

You tell me ಠ_ಠ
It's difficult to say what the exact reason for this might be. And I think you can't genralise the reasons for electoral outcomes in different states.

However, (extreme) right party votes are often caused by dissatisfaction with the government and/or misunderstanding/dissatisfaction of EU policies. This does not always have something to do with discrimination or anti-islamic opinion.

If you're really interested in the reasons why nationalist parties got more votes in certain countries you can always check political journals* for a more detailed evaluation of the electoral outcomes and the reasons for it. Most of them are very understandable and nicely written.

*Almost every university has a large number of various journals and it fairly easy to find the right articles.
Quote by Kensai
Muslim ray guns, a constant threat.

Vote no to intergalactic jihad.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
Because when there's economic goes to the shitter the easiest way to make yourself feel better is pat yourself on the back. However when there's nothing you can pat yourself on the back for, hating other people suffices.

edit: I gotta say Azure is among my least favorite UGers. Just so dreadfully boring and idealistic.
Last edited by cornmancer at Apr 18, 2011,
It makes me a sad panda . I don't know what I find worse though, the fact that people come up with all this bullshit, or the fact that so many people actually believe it.

Fun (or sad) fact: in the last few elections here, it showed that the majority of the people who voted for the 'right-wing extremists' live in areas where there are hardly any immigrants at all.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by the bartender
It makes me a sad panda . I don't know what I find worse though, the fact that people come up with all this bullshit, or the fact that so many people actually believe it.

Fun (or sad) fact: in the last few elections here, it showed that the majority of the people who voted for the 'right-wing extremists' live in areas where there are hardly any immigrants at all.

That's hardly surprising. Exposure to immigrants tends to show that they aren't degenerate trash after all.
PM me for newts
I heard on the news there's a new Finnish political party called "Tr00 Finns". A kind of a nazi party, that just won the election or something like that. We're all supposed to be scared of them. Very scared.

I really have no idea what I'm talking about, I wasn't playing attention until it was too late, could some Finn help me out here?
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Steel8909
Because they took our jobs.

Tuk'er jerb!
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
What about Norway? Fremskrittpartiet will get at least 20 % of the votes next election.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by sfaune92
What about Norway? Fremskrittpartiet will get at least 20 % of the votes next election.

Aw man, even norway? Now we'll be surrounded by it
Quote by Kensai
Aw man, even norway? Now we'll be surrounded by it

Yeah, it's disgusting. They are afraid of the "islamisation". Bullcrap right there.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Nationalism always flares up at times of economic unrest. It's because elites are able to deflect criticism of businessmen and bankers screwing them over onto foreigners 'taking their jobs', via mass media. People are simply presented with the wrong people to blame for their problems.
Quote by AzureNight

Yeah, because no other religious group has ever used violence to become a majority except for Islam.

As for a sort of Nationalistic Revival, it makes perfect sense. Whenever the economy starts getting bad people are always looking for a cause. And what better way to garner votes than to blame it on foreigners and minorities? It's an easy explanation for many people to accept because it squarely places the blame on someone else's shoulders.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Quote by Kensai
Maybe it's just in my head or not but it seems we got such an upcoming wave of anti-immigration, right-wing parties in Europe.

This swing towards right-wing, nationalist politics has been swelling up in Europe for years now. The signs have been all over the place. I don't know how anyone could be surprised by this. You can expect massive internal ethnic conflict between the native European populations and the largely Muslim immigrant populations from the Middle East and Africa.

I would say all you liberals who just stand there and mock this without actually trying to genuinely understand it, do so at your own peril. Believe it or not, this is actually an accurate time to make analogies to the rise of the Third Reich.
Quote by Xeron Brigs
Yeah, because no other religious group has ever used violence to become a majority except for Islam.

As for a sort of Nationalistic Revival, it makes perfect sense. Whenever the economy starts getting bad people are always looking for a cause. And what better way to garner votes than to blame it on foreigners and minorities? It's an easy explanation for many people to accept because it squarely places the blame on someone else's shoulders.

Who said I support other religions?

edit: I gotta say Azure is among my least favorite UGers. Just so dreadfully boring and idealistic.

Page 1 of 2