Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has had trouble with the neck coming off their Ovation Guitar, or loose from the actual body of the guitar, near the sound hole area? I had an older 1995 or earlier Ovation guitar, black, beautiful. After having it a while, the neck came off the main body of the guitar, I was crushed.

I took it in to get fixed and was told that year of the guitar didn't have a truss rod, so they could not fix it, junk now. I keep it anyway, as it is beautiful, more for sentimental reasons.

So, I found another Ovation ELITE guitar, it is the sunburst front, with inlay of leaves, etc. It looks much like my old one, but when I bought it, I was told it had a truss rod and I wouldn't have the same problem as the first Ovation. I loved the first one. Anyway, I just picked up my Elite today, it too is doing the same thing, neck coming off the body where to two join. I am crushed. This is not supposed to happen. I have ALWAYs put a light string on this guitar, or extra lights.

I am returning to Guitar Center tonight and hope the same thing is not going to take place again. If so, this will be my last and will change up to a Taylor. I am SO unhappy about this. Anyone out there have this happen with their ovation. This is an acoustic, but does plug in as well. I usually just play it live, no plug in, and I love it to pieces. I do hope that I am not going to have to pay to fix it. I have had it a bit over three years. SIGH...

Any advice out there? Jeanne
Not supposed to be in the pit...
*reported* shamelessly
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by Woffelz
Not supposed to be in the pit...
*reported* shamelessly

Hey! It's the pit here, we need to make him feel welcome by treating him like everybody else.

What the fuck is an Ovation Guitar? I'm coming off using Google for a while.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
Hey! It's the pit here, we need to make him feel welcome by treating him like everybody else.

What the fuck is an Ovation Guitar? I'm coming off using Google for a while.

The irony here is that you aren't all that much older than TS.
What you really need is a new amp.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
my ovation has a tear up the front. It was only 1,5 year old and I have always treated it with extreme caution. Ovations look incredibly sexy, but are also of incredibly shit quality.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
i've never heard of this happening with an ovation. i've owned a cheap one myself for more than a decade, and my husband has one. i've known lots of other ovation owners from the bottom to the top of the line.

there are many ways you can loosen the neck to the guitar joint. the previous owner could have regularly leaned it against the wall or left it in extreme heat which softens the glue. heck, the previous owner could have done both.

or it could just be one of those things. every company - taylor included - makes a few bum guitars.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!