i was in a local shop today, and they carry a few boutique things one of them i didnt recognize was marsh amps. what i got from the owner is that its a guy, john marsh i think was his name, who hand builds replicas of amps the one that caught my eye was a SLP head for i think around a grand. do any of you guys have experience with these and are they worth trying out? i have to go back in a week or so to get my guitar back so i can have a chance to noodle around on it if its worth it
Any old Marshall circuit is worth it.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by jesus=dinosaur
there brand new not old, but they are all handwired like the old marshalls if that helps

The amp isn't, but the circuit design is.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
marsh amps is supposed to be pretty great.

they are mostly a kit, amp hardware, diy store and the dude builds replica amps.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Not sure what wattage amp you're looking at, but you need to have twice that wattage with the speaker cabinet. If you're only planning on playing with the volume on like 1 you'd probably be fine but if you want to play with a band or crank it you need a cab with a higher rating than your amp.

Also make sure to match the impedance (ohms). Some amps have switchable ohm outputs, others only output one - either 4, 8, or 16.