Hey Pit, I've had some stuff bouncing around in my head and I want to bounce it off you, now. I'm just going to spout it all out and then you're all going to agree or disagree. Startiiiiiiing.... NOW:

It's okay to not be happy. A whole ass load of people genuinely believe that the sole purpose in life is to be happy. If they don't profess this belief, they certainly live it out. Really, though, if that's all that matters to you, you may as well just find your drug of choice, get on it, and never come off. We're shown almost every day as we grow up that things work out, that there's a special someone out there for us, and that everything has to happen for a reason. That's all complete bullshit.

How is it possible for everyone to genuinely believe that they're the exception; the exception to everything negative that people tell us about life? How can everyone believe they're special? That their life is supposed to be exciting? If everyone's life was exciting, it would be normal and boring, and everyone would wish that their life was exciting.

So practice being not happy, because it's not so bad and once you realize that your life will be equal parts happy and sad, the happy parts will get happier and the sad parts will be less sad. And really, whether your life is more or less on any side of the spectrum, it still doesn't matter because it's going to end (oh and by the way, if you won the cosmic lottery and were born in the developed world, it's waaaaaaay over on the happy side).

So there you go. I generally look at anyone that feels the need to share something with people as if it's something super important and truthful as assholes, but I decided to post this anyways because I already KNOW I'm an asshole, and because, again, it just doesn't ****ing matter anyways.
We're only strays.
Christ on a bike, warn me about the length next time yeah?

Basically, I go by "If it makes you happy, fuck it."

Do me a favour and don't over analyse that.
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Apr 18, 2011,
Methinks TS is suffering from typical teenage white kid problems...
Standard Strat
Jackson WRMG
Parker DF724

Axe-Fx Standard
Carvin DCM1000L

Mesa Trad. Slant Recto 4x12 (UK V30s)
Custom Horiz. 2x12 (Commonwealth 12s)
I don't understand the concept of a paradise because if there's no sorrow, there's no contrast, and ergo no happiness. Read a book on the Buddha's early life, he spent his early life with anything he wanted and his father made a castle around him to make sure he never felt sadness, and he ended up being miserable and spoiled until he decided to see what the outside world was.

You can't feel happiness without sadness. So the goal in life, imo, is to keep misery to a minimum and to find the little things that make you happy.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
You're using 'happy' in far too much of a general sense. Being 'happy' is just one emotion but you seem to be equating it to any sort of feel-good emotion such as accomplishment, contentment, thrill etc. which I don't really agree with.
Quote by maidenrulz19
When playing any pokemon game and encountering a fisherman with 5 or 6 FUCKING MAGIKARP!!!!!!! I mean the thing is useless and it only gives like 7 exp points each. Yeah eventually that guy can have an army of gyarados but still.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

I am a very analytical person.

If it doesn't make you happy don't **** it. See?
See?
John Petrucci

The one and only god.
Eh...

I don't get what's wrong with people trying to be happy as much as possible. It's always the people who can't be happy who get off on making other people feel bad. I'm looking at you TS, i'd encourage happiness all the time.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Good stuff, Pit.

And to the comment about not over-analyzing things, I disagree. Are you really going to go through your whole life thinking that? No. We both know that you won't.
We're only strays.
First of all we need to define happiness, as it seems you are making an amalgamation between happiness and joy.

It's all extremely personal, but everyones can choose to be in a frame of mind that makes them happy, through the understanding of the world around them.

Even in hard times, I'm a happy guy, I find the source of this happiness in art, philosophy, friends, family and being alone with my thoughts.

It is time for you to read this:
Let people who search for miracles and stuff do what they want. You cannot search for happiness. Being high all the time could only be temporary happiness. Buddhists would say that happiness can be achieved at any time, and most importantly that it comes from within, not without. Also that happiness isn't some state of mania. You don't need to win the lottery to be happy, and you can be happy while living in a shithole of a country.

EDIT: People who search for happiness in illusionary things that don't matter will only trail further away from happiness. I realized this, that physical things in life only make me happy for a while. It only prolongs the pursuit of it.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Last edited by bradulator at Apr 18, 2011,
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy

That's what she said...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
Meh, I'll feel how i want if it's all the same too you?

Am i happy at the moment? It's debatable considering the sheer amount of revision ahead.
Will i be later in the year? Probably if this all pays off.
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
Happiness is a loose term.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Really, though, if that's all that matters to you, you may as well just find your drug of choice, get on it, and never come off.

*cough* drug thread *cough*

several versions too.

Clearly the goal is to be happy then. TS is invalid.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
This will pass.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
hey TS,

im pretty sure you said something similar to me in one of my post a few days back. i think i didn't make myself clear...

i disagree with what you said. i think everyone can be happy, but unfortunately many people have all these ideas of "what happiness is" that are forced upon them by the media and popular culture etc. people feel like they are worthless if they dont have a steady relationship, or tons of friends or success and money etc. and thats not true.

man, people need to change their outlook. it takes time, its a gradual process. but i went through a spell of misery a while back... i thought i was a sad loser and didnt mean anything to the world... but then i realised i was judging myself by the standards of others, and i realised i didnt necessarily agree with those standards.

i find listening to happy music (Van Halen, Def Leppard etc.... none of this emo/metalcore nonsense), and generally judging myself by my own standards has helped me become a much more cheery and less gloomy person.

basically, shit happens. do you allow it to build up and suffocate you, or laugh and ask for a shovel to get digging your way out of it?

peace man \m/
Happiness is pretty broad, and pretty vague in terms of a cheerful 5 minutes because the sun came out, or because you got to talk to your girlfriend/boyfriend/hooker or something...as opposed to having the foreseeable future planned out and secure so you can live the life you want with no danger of losing it.
I have my moments, but generally speaking I'm a bitter, cynical twat because I know nothing's ever that easy. Life sucks, deal with it, don't sugar coat it so you can't see the next place you'll fall.
Ironically, I'm happier being unhappy than happy.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
You wanna know what else is loose?
I do.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.