Page 1 of 2
So, I met a girl recently. She's awesome, everything I like in a girl, she has. The thing is, her dads a preacher and she's into it 100%.

Now, I'm not the religious type, at all. That's where the problem is.

She wants me to start coming to church with her and I don't know what to do. On one hand, it'd help me get into the position I want to be in. On the other, I don't want to go against MY thoughts on religion. Plus, if she found out, I would look like a total jackass.

So my question is... is it wrong for me to continue this and go to church and fake all of it?
Tell her that you're the re-incarnation of Jesus and you must continue the race by impregnating her. Many lulz to be had
Quote by maidenrulz19
When playing any pokemon game and encountering a fisherman with 5 or 6 FUCKING MAGIKARP!!!!!!! I mean the thing is useless and it only gives like 7 exp points each. Yeah eventually that guy can have an army of gyarados but still.
Going to church is okay for an agnostic/atheist. It doesn't instantly make you religious. Religion isn't like a disease you can catch.
Have sex with her in the church toilet.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by WhiskeyFace
Like you said, if you lied and she found out, there would be war. Just tell the truth, it's never as bad as people think.

I just feel like she would completely ignore me and it would be the end of any chance I had with her.
Be honest with her and don't hide things. If she's not going to accept you for who you are, beliefs and all, then it wouldn't end up working out anyways. And if she can accept that and she wants you to go to church occasionally, what's the harm in that? It's not going to convert you or hurt you. But what it will do is make her happy and earn you kudos.

Good luck.
I have more fun than normal people are allowed to have.

Quote by Kensai

Happy RUTAS everybody
Tell her that religion is not something you're interested in. If she's as cool as you say she is, she'll understand and let it be.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Convert or die.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Go with her, then fornicate.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
You'll need a nail gun filled with nails of pure silver. Aim for their hearts TS. That should rid them of their beliefs.
Here's what I would do, since I'm also not religious.

One, let her know I'm not religious. Then I guess I'd go to church anyway. Sure I disagree with a lot of what they say, but you can find bits of wisdom in their teachings, and a lot of times I think their hearts are in the right place anyway. But that's me. If you absolutely hate it and don't want to go, don't pretend you're religious or you love it.

Might be interesting. Maybe you'll learn a thing or too.
I've been to services before, just for the hell of it. I think it's better to be honest off the bat, maybe that you're willing to attend (if you are) but that you don't want your relationship to hinge on it.
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
I just feel like she would completely ignore me and it would be the end of any chance I had with her.

If she's not willing to accept you for who you are then you shouldn't be with her. Just be totally straight with her. Tell her you don't believe in that stuff (I'm guessing you're atheist?) but you don't want that to come between the two of you.
my girlfriend isn't the a preacher's daughter or anything but she is super religious (evolution isn't real and peace is a christian founded ideal kind of religious) But i just told her that i'm not religious, but i still go to church with her sometimes. Just tell her the truth and go to church with her every now and then, you won't burn at the entrance and she'll feel good and get super happy about it too. Hell, even offer to take her to church, that gets you good points and she'll be in a good mood all day. If you really like her, seeing her smile at you is a damn good reward for sitting in a pew for an hour.

EDIT: I'm agnostic, and also we've been together for a year and a three months
sacrifice her to Odin. that would be really cool.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Yea I guess you guys are right. It would be stupid to try and hide it I suppose. This should be interesting..
I know an atheist that converted to Islam to support his hot wife.

Every relationship has its flaws. Luckily, yours only involves an hour or so on a sunday. If you go off to find another girl, you'll be back here to tell us she's vegan or she has a weird accent or she has stubby fingers or she supports bestiality.

Actually, the last one is less likely.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
You could still go and let her know you're not religious/have no intention of being religious....an open mind is accepted in many more places than a closed one

Personally whenever I go to spend the weekend with my uncle's family, I go to church with them. I don't believe in their god, yet I respect their views and much of my moral upbringing was from a Catholic family so

However, half the time I'm there, I'm either talking to my cousin or looking in the crowds for a piece of ass I feel somewhat guilty afterwards though
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Have a 3 way with her and a priest of said church.
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
bladedguitar66 said it 100%. Be open and honest, if you are being true to her and yourself at the same time then you cannot be in a better just position. If she is immature from there on then you will she her 'less' perfect side... something that many people hide.
Dig a tunnel of light through ignorant walls
Quote by shredibanez24
Have a 3 way with her and a priest of said church.

that won't work, he's dating a girl, not a seven year old boy.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
that won't work, he's dating a girl, not a seven year old boy.

Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Lying is NOT the way to go.. Tell her the truth and then compromise, maybe go to church with her a couple of times. If you act reasonable and honest hopefully she will too.
Even if you went along with it I don't see it working forever. Eventually you're going to have a confrontation about it and if she's that serious about it then I don't see it ending well.
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
So my question is... is it wrong for me to continue this and go to church and fake all of it?

Hell yeah go for it! I have for 13 years...
you're a stone fox
"You virginity must be sacrificed for the Lord. Trust me, He told me in my prayers"

... the woman is now yours.
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
Tell her. If she's worth it, she'll understand. If she's not down with the agnostic/atheistic/apathetic approach, forget about her. That simple.
If 4 more people tell me to go back to writing The Vanishing Point, I will.

UG's Commie Pinko Bedwetter
Quote by 310320
Tell her. If she's worth it, she'll understand. If she's not down with the agnostic/atheistic/apathetic approach, forget about her. That simple.

This. If she isn't down, or wants to talk about God all day, go home. Let someone who actually likes that stuff have her.
Tell her that your not sure what to think about religion and your still trying to work it out.
Survivor of:
Maryland Deathfest X
Maryland Deathfest XI
Maryland Deathfest XII
Page 1 of 2