Anyone round here got one? Ive got about £600 to spend on a valve amp and im flitting in between a bugera 62XX or this MA (or a used DSL if one pops up). The metal head in me wants the bugera but Im in a couple of bands, one metal and the other softer hard rock type stuff and i think a Marshall would be a better choice seeing as I'm also currently looking for session work as well as performing in different bands for my college A levels. So any reviews? I should be going to B'ham next month to play around with some
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
from what UG says, they are just an MG with tubes.
But I have never played one, so can give you more info than that.

But if you are asking for new amp info, give us a little more detail than "metal and some softer hard rock" bands you like the tone of is usually a good place to start.
Well for the metal side I'm into pretty modern stuff, Trivium Machine Head stuff like that (also a huge fan of iron maiden, metallica and older thrash bands) The hard rock side is stuff like GNR, Velvet Revolver, Airbourne, Aerosmith. I also love the ol blues guy like Hendrix, Clapton BB king.I guess I'm looking at the MA because i can crank a good clean crunch to get a good lead gainey sound. But an amp designed for metal won't be as easy to bring down. I want to be able to play bedroom levels, small gigs and medium sized outside gigs (700 people or so).
Gear:

Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
I have heard that they aren't that great - and if you have around the £600 mark then check out used equipment. possibly the Egnater's and I can personally recommend the Orange TH30 - it goes from pretty clear cleans through to a convincing (borderline) metal distortion. If you need more filth drop a decent pedal in front. There's an FX loop and at 30 watts, if you really need much more juice plug it into a 2x12 or larger.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I'm getting a 212 with vintage celestion 30's btw.
Gear:

Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Any other amps you think I should try are also greatly appreciated My budget's £500 and I'm willing to go used.
Gear:

Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
i have played an MA the cleans were alright but the gain was a fizzy mess.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
A used JCM (DSL?) is probably a better Marshall to look into than the MA.

Otherwise the Blackstar HT-40s (and above) are pretty versatile from what I've seen.
Last edited by baumaxx1 at Apr 18, 2011,