Hey All,

I'm a folk musician and do my own things and I do some lead work in my recordings, it's mostly pentatonic blues and major scale variations, just your basic, I'm not well versed in theory as of yet (slowly chipping away at it) so I'm not a master of composing my own stuff just yet. But I have a general inquiry:

I want to learn some guitar solos. The reason why I am putting this in this thread is because I want to ask those acoustic pickers out there which solos would be worth learning.

I'm posting it in this category because I'm not looking to shred on the 19th fret and I don't want to become a great lead player (again, I'm a folkie) but I would like to be able to jam some classic rock tunes and be able to play the solo (or something close to it anyway!) when I'm playing live with my loop pedal but I don't know where to start looking. I can think of a lot, but in your experience, where is the best place to being with this?

I can play stuff like Folsom Prison and Mary Jane's Last Dance, some I'm looking for something more complicated than those, but not too crazy.

Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure exactly what style you're going after, but from the sound of it, softer/folkier classic rock. I've always loved the solo to Landslide by Fleetwood Mac, and the solos throughout Led Zeppelin's cover of Babe I'm Gonna Leave You. Their version is a little heavier, but it can easily be pulled off as a with just an acoustic guitar (it was originally a folk song, actually). You could also check out some of the lead work off of The Grateful Dead's American Beauty. There are some really cool guitar lines on that album.
Fender American Vintage '62 Stratocaster
Gibson Les Paul Custom
TC Electronic Polytune
Danelectro Blue Paisley
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
Dunlop Crybaby
EHX Deluxe Memory Boy
Egnater Tweaker

Quote by Jackal58
Yer pretty fly for a Canadian.