Page 1 of 2
I wanna start getting into reading, I like music, history, good storys, uniqueness, indie rock, punk, queens of the stone age, and Yeah.
Recommend me books? I don't know :/

thanks!
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Anthony Kiedis bio - Scar Tissue
Philip K. Dick - A Scanner Darkly
Irvine Welsh - Trainspotting
Hubert Selby, Jr - Requiem for a Dream
Jeff Buckley bio - Mystery White Boy Blues

Just a few I've read recently that I've enjoyed and would recommend.
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
Last edited by walkingminstral at Apr 18, 2011,
Theres this awesome book about a young girl growing up in London.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
Theres this awesome book about a young girl growing up in London.

Heroes by Robert Cormier?

(there's a Frenchtown in London)
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
There's a book thread.

I'd recommend anything by George Orwell, Edgar Allen Poe, Oscar Wilde or Ernest Hemingway.

As cheesy and mainstream it may sound, they are spectacular.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by laid-to-waste
Heroes by Robert Cormier?

(there's a Frenchtown in London)

No thats not it, I think its called Madeline.
you're a stone fox
"Finnegans Wake"

Its truly a great book! Great characters, interesting storyline and it never lets you get bored. I truly suggest you read it, TS!
Quote by -Mantra-
"Finnegans Wake"

Its truly a great book! Great characters, interesting storyline and it never lets you get bored. I truly suggest you read it, TS!

Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
Cathcer in the Rye by J.D. Salinger is truly a must read for any punk/indie fan. Tons of songs have been written with it as the main source of inspiration.

Other suggestions would be:

High Fidelity: Great for your inner elitist
House of Leaves: Scary/unique as shit/funny
Animal Farm: It's just one f the best books.
A Clockwork Orange: Another punk/indie staple
Last edited by due 07 at Apr 18, 2011,
Quote by Jfischl
Um... American Psycho?

I think thats an album.
you're a stone fox
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
There's a book thread.

I'd recommend anything by George Orwell, Edgar Allen Poe, Oscar Wilde or Ernest Hemingway.

As cheesy and mainstream it may sound, they are spectacular.

I'd stay away from Ernest Hemmingway until you can tolerate "boring" and slow books. His writing style takes some getting used to.

All 3 of these books have changed my life in one way or another.
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
Quote by Saint78
I think thats an album.

It's also a book by Bret Easton Ellis. : )
Give a Boy a Gun by Todd Strasser
My gearrrr!
ESP LTD H-251 FM equipped with DR black strings
Line 6 Spider IV 150 Combo <3
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Line 6 POD Farm 2.0
My styyyle!
Metal (core, death core, and everything in between)
Quote by Jfischl
It's also a book by Bret Easton Ellis. : )

Sweet maybe I'll read it.
you're a stone fox
Brave New World, 1984... Harry Potter?
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Saint78
Sweet maybe I'll read it.

It's pretty ****ed up, use discretion. Also, Haunted (mentioned by audioslave95) is pretty awful too, if you're not used to that sort of thing. They are both amazing books though.
Catcher in the Rye, A Clockwork Orange, Mother Night, Slaughter-House Five, Black Swan Green, and When You Are Engulfed In Flames are what sprang immediately to my mind. The first 5 because they're my favorites. The other because I'm reading it right now and it's quite great.

edit: This thread reminded me of the glory of John Dies At The End and Fight Club. Read those too.
Last edited by cornmancer at Apr 18, 2011,
Quote by Saint78
I think thats an album.

It's a book, a very controversial one at that, about serial killer Patrick Bateman and his disgust with the yuppie lifestyle.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Audioslave95

All 3 of these books have changed my life in one way or another.

I'm just not a fan of Pahlaniuk anymore. I read both of those books, Fight Club on my own, and Haunted while in a mental institute (a very fitting place for that book, locked in with no contact with the outside world) I don't know, at this point I feel like his focus is to shock you and be weird or controversial, I like the movie for Fight Club better than the book honestly.

My favorite author is Stephen King, while he's odd, it's not his main focus, and I'd recommend reading the Dark Tower series. It's my favorite and it's what got me into writing myself. The Stand is also excellent.

And since you enjoy history I'd recommend The Book Thief. It's about a girl growing up in Nazi Germany told from the perspective of Death. It's a great read.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Power of One - Bryce Courtney
- Inspiring as F*CK.

A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry
- Brilliant, brilliant novel but you want to stab the author at the end.

Or if you're looking for something kick arse, ANYTHING by David Gemmell.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Slaughterhouse Five.
Quote by Ace88
Forgive me, O bastion of ear tuning. My stringeth be old, my tuning be quick; hopefully one day your string will snap you in the dick.
Quote by daytripper75

EDIT: Does every just read the same 5-10 books?

Why would I read it if it isn't by Palahniuk, Vonnegut, or George Orwell?

On topic, get into playwrights. Edward Albee if you want to feel like no human life is worth living because we're all heartless bastards, Ibsen if you want to examine your life, and you can't forget the bard.
Page 1 of 2