Started a new side project sort of band while the drummer/vocalist from my main gig deals with some personal and family stuff. We have two vocalists/lyricists in this "side project" - one who shows up to every practice, contributes ideas, and even started writing keyboard parts to play while he's singing. The other one doesn't show up, doesn't answer messages, and hasn't really offered a reasonable excuse for not communicating why she's not there. I mean, she's only been to one of the last five practices - and she missed the last four in a row.

To me, it seems perfectly reasonable to replace her. What do you think?

do it
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
I think that replacing her would probably be ideal, but if anything else, you could also sit down with her and do the "I think there's a problem" deal. From how you describe it, it doesn't seem like a mature conversation would fix the problem, but, if you're feeling merciful, you could always try this first

EDIT: aka what ikarian-pride said
Last edited by duck1992 at Apr 18, 2011,
Nobody who misses four practices in a row without a good reason is committed.

My opinion, keep her around until you find a replacement, maybe in time she'll actually start coming to practice but if not by the time you find a replacement, give her the boot but be prepared for her to probably not like you for awhile.

When I had a chick vocalist thats what I wanted to do. I was the only one even remotely on her side by saying "keep her around till we find somebody else" Apparently the others didnt feel the same so we kicked her out. Even though I was the only one kinda defending her she was pissed at me longer than anybody else. When I found out I was the only one she was pissed at that was a real WTF moment
"[Bleach] is mostly water, and we are mostly water, therefore we are bleach"

I feel we should go to...

Purple Alert
Quote by ikarian-pride
Give her a warning. If she shows no interest or makes no attempt to impress the band, replace her.

Alternatively, get her to make the band sandwiches as a peace offering.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
I'd simply replace her, but make sure you tell her that she's not part of it, and why. This will avoid potential bad blood in the future.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud