All i wanna do is be a srtummer on acoustic anf sing. But pitch really drags me down. Hoe csn i practice and master it. Say the song had verse a. D. E. Then the chorus is same but sounds a octive higher. How can i hit pitch dead on. Ill do anythinf. The web. Anything.

Plz help and ty
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Quote by linon7
spam

reported

on topic its practice man. break it up into small practice and work on it. maybe try to fit in the melody on your guitar so you can have a guide on your guitar.

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.
practice. sit at your guitar, and play a D--really hear that D in your head, and then match it. then play an E on your guitar, and do the same. then play from D to E on the guitar a lot. then practice doing it with the guitar and then take the guitar away. matching pitch can be really hard in the beginning (I have VIVID memories of sitting down and stuggling with it), but once you get your ears working (and of course your voice) they can become your strongest asset. the name of the game is to really hear the note in your head, and it doesn't come easy to everyone, but it can come to everyone if you work at it. just be patient, take it slow and be as precise as possible.
all the best.
(insert self-aggrandizing quote here)
Quote by silly6-string
Biggest thing with me is my pitch changes as i sing different words.

record yourself and put recording up so we can hear what you mean and maybe we can make suggestions to help
You don't need anything other than your ears and practice, a keyboard isn't going to make any difference...it's still the same pitches you're trying to hit regardless of what's producing your target pitch.

Recording yourself can help as sometime's it's hard to hear what your own voice is doing, but it's not essential. Listen to the note you want to hit, sing it back - you probably need to spend more time on the basics rather than jumping straight into singing along whilst playing. Just practice with individual notes or little sequences...play on the guitar, then match the pitch with your voice. Once you're getting good at doing that consistently you'll probably be better equipped to tackle a song.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Ya im starting diaphramic exersizes for about 5 10 min. Then hittin a the 5th string matching it. Then a the open chord matching it. Then a the bar chord.

Next im doing a 5 th string to b 5 string 2 fret. Then a C. And so on to octive. Should i be doing scales or abcdefg?

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Also just think if im singing a A open chord thats acd. How does other than an A work. Can i sing c and d? To a
A chord?

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
Quote by silly6-string
Also just think if im singing a A open chord thats acd. How does other than an A work. Can i sing c and d? To a
A chord?

You can sing anything, harmony works exactly the same way whether you're working with one instrument or two.

If you're working on just matching pitches then you want to avoid chords though, stick with single notes.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
You can sing anything, harmony works exactly the same way whether you're working with one instrument or two.

If you're working on just matching pitches then you want to avoid chords though, stick with single notes.

ty mark
once i get the hang of that, then move to chords? Or is that where it gets complicated?

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
I learn how to sing properly too.I usually pick notes on the guitar and try to sing them but I think my range is narrow cause I can sing comfortable without blocking sound with adam's apple from B to E.After my voice sound kinda weak.Is there any chance that my range will widen?
Quote by h3yho
I learn how to sing properly too.I usually pick notes on the guitar and try to sing them but I think my range is narrow cause I can sing comfortable without blocking sound with adam's apple from B to E.After my voice sound kinda weak.Is there any chance that my range will widen?

Your range will widen as your technique gets better, work on keeping a relaxed throat and perhaps dropping your jaw a little bit so the sound feels like it's coming from the front of your mouth instead of the back of your throat. That'll get you a better/stronger sound with greater projection and help you expand your range since you're not tensing up.
Something I've been trying lately to help my pitching, is to play a single chord, so an A for example, and then pitching my voice to each separate note within that chord. Just listen out for a certain note, and sing it. Once you can do that easily, you're one your way
PRS SE Chris Robertson
PRS SE EG
PRS SE Angelus Custom
Yamaha SF1000 (Both of 'em)

Laney L20H Lionheart
Marshall 1936 w/ Eminence

Rather large pedalboard..