Hey, I'm looking for an amp to play stuff along the lines of Foo Fighters, Guns N Roses, Velvet Revolver, Buckcherry, and Avenged Sevenfold. I use a really mid-rangey sound, and I use a les paul 90% of the time. Right now I have a 100 watt solid state with a Boss Power Stack for distortion, and it sounds good. I just really don't need 100 watts, I never turn it up past 1/3 even during larger shows. So I figured I'd downgrade to a smallish (20-50 watt) tube amp.

I REALLY like the sound of the Jet City JCA20RC, but would really like to have two channels.
I've also checked out the Peavey Valveking 50 watt combo, but haven't got to play one to see if it would meet my needs. Any suggestions?
I like Traynor YCV50s. They're really decent at mid-gain crunchiness, and the boost is great for solos. I currently use a YCV40 modded to it's specs, minus the master volume mod, which I scooped for 400 something used.
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
I've heard that Jet City is coming out with a 2 channel version of the JCA20H later this year, supposedly in May.
B52 at100 maybe
the poor man's recto
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
I'm looking at the Traynor, and it's actually quite interesting.

@Larson, if they do, I may have a mess to clean up. I was actually hoping for a combo over a stack, but I love the sound of the Jet City. If I were to pick one sound I'm going for, it's probably Slash's tone from Appetite, easy. And that just seems to nail it quite well.
I would personally go for something in a Marshall JCM. You can get them as a combo used for within your budget, I think. I like the 2000, but they're all pretty similar.
I had actually forgotten about B-52 as well. I played an AT100 once, and it was fantastic. I don't know that I'd need 100 watts, I'd be worried about having to crank it to get that full, tube distortion. Maybe I could buy an attenuator to get that rich sound at lower volumes?
@Larson8er, I was thinking of going for the 50 watt combo, but my budget is for the amp and cab, which is why I was hoping for a combo. I check craigslist everyday for anything awesome, and I've been sad to find both a Jet City 50 watt combo, and a Marshall Triple Super Lead, but neither were in my price range T_T
You might want to examine your mathematical signs.

From the thread title, one would assume you are willing to spend MORE than $500.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
^ I didn't, and I'm a math major =P
Epi Explorer

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
^ You didn't read it closely enough then.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
^ Possibly, but you typically don't see a budget that says 'I'm willing to spend anything more than 500 dollars.' Kinda ridiculous, no? =P

*fixed typing fail =( *
Epi Explorer

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD