Hello! so i was looking around at upgrading my amp situation what is your all's preference for amps for metal? My band plays mostly in drop D tuning and 7 strings tuned to standard.
what do you guys say? we are basically a technical whitechapel
i was thinking for going to a Peavey 6505+ head with a mesa stilleto cab.
would like it under 2500ish $
thanks!
As a personal preference, Axe Fx bro. I like it way more than any amp I've ever played. Axe Fx -> Carvin TS100 or VHT poweramp -> Decent cab = one of the best sounding and most versatile rigs ever.
Ya thats a good option. But if I had $2,500 shit. So many options. (Peavey being at the bottom)

Orange Rockerverb 100
Engl Blackmore or Savage
VHT Ultralead
DAR Forza

Those would be my top 4. You might even be able to get a used Einstein for $2,500.

My personal opinion, dont buy the Peavey. If you do make sure you spend the other $1,400 on a Port City or Redstar cab. But seriously dont sell yourself short. Try different amps out before you buy the 6505, for that amount of money you can get much, much better,
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
Quote by maddnotez
Ya thats a good option. But if I had $2,500 shit. So many options. (Peavey being at the bottom)

Orange Rockerverb 100
Engl Blackmore or Savage
VHT Ultralead
DAR Forza

Those would be my top 4. You might even be able to get a used Einstein for $2,500.

My personal opinion, dont buy the Peavey. If you do make sure you spend the other $1,400 on a Port City or Redstar cab. But seriously dont sell yourself short. Try different amps out before you buy the 6505, for that amount of money you can get much, much better,

I personally wouldn't recommend the Blackmore to someone who plays metal 90% of the time. While it sounds amazing distorted you could do so much better with an Invader 100.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
i would look for a used Splawn Nitro, some people question it with lower tunings, but it handles drop C# just fine IMO. if you go with the Nitro, i ideally wouldn't recommend V30's for speakers. i got my usec freshly retubed mint nitro for $1300.

nothing will kick ya in the nuts like a nitro's lower midrange.

again a Thunderverb would be awesome but may get you out of budget.

Engl invader would be cool.

VHT/Fryette has some good offerings too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by maddnotez

Orange Rockerverb 100
Engl Blackmore or Savage
VHT Ultralead
DAR Forza

Add in used mark iv as an option along with a 2 ch. recto
Whitechapel use peavey 5150IIIs which are in a different leauge than a 6505 imo.
The acacia strain use 6505s and mesa rectos
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Last edited by slipknot_420 at Apr 19, 2011,
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i would look for a used Splawn Nitro, some people question it with lower tunings, but it handles drop C# just fine IMO. if you go with the Nitro, i ideally wouldn't recommend V30's for speakers. i got my usec freshly retubed mint nitro for $1300.

nothing will kick ya in the nuts like a nitro's lower midrange.

again a Thunderverb would be awesome but may get you out of budget.

Engl invader would be cool.

VHT/Fryette has some good offerings too.

7 Strings tuned to "standard" is B Standard.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
ENGL Invader.
ENGL Blackmore.
Mesa 2 channel Dual Rec.

Diezel if you can find one.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Well, since nobody has really mentioned the 5150 III as being a viable option...
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
2 channel Dual Recto + 4x12 cab with V30s

/thread
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.
peaveys are damn good amps, especially for what you want to do with it.

like mentioned you could get a better amp, but then youd still need a cab
if you like the peavey then get that and a really good cab
You can get a tonne of good amps for your budget. Just try them out. The 6505 will work fine but so will most of these other suggestions.

Try them all out. Some amps will work better with booosts for that kinda tune but ohhh so many options.

I'm not sure the reasoning of the axefx suggestion was very valid for a "technical whitechapel" sound though. Not exactly going to need versatility in this situation