hi, really simple question here but here we go.
basically, yesterday i came up with what i really liked as a nice verse progression for a song. today i came up with a chorus progression. they both sound awesome seperately but i'm a little too braindead and intoxicated to memorize them both well enough that i can seamlessly go from one to the other to test if it makes sense- know what i mean?

basically, verses have the chords Bm Bm Em F# and chorus goes along to Bm A Em Em.

i've put a very rough version of each on my soundcloud here for anyone to have a listen to - the verse is 'untitled 6' and the chorus is 'untitled 6 chorus'
www.soundcloud.com/jackfanciesaleka

sorry if this is way too vague for anyone. but hopefully that'll do
thanks
Quote by Faux
Yes they do.

edit: btw i rather like it too . It is in the key of B minor (D major)

It's (almost) always in one key rather than two. In this case it is in B minor, where it resolves to.

TS, do you know WHY it's in B minor? This could be a good opportunity to learn.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
It's (almost) always in one key rather than two. In this case it is in B minor, where it resolves to.

But learning is for shmucks.
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by AlanHB

Because the first chord is in B minor
Quote by white_ibanez10
Because the first chord is in B minor

Nope, sorry.
Where does the progression feel "at home?"
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by AlanHB

i don't know why, no. you say it's almost always in the right key- is 'almost' in key as bad as completely not in key? or would they sound just like any regular accidental and not intrusive to the song?
Quote by kthxbi
i don't know why, no. you say it's almost always in the right key- is 'almost' in key as bad as completely not in key? or would they sound just like any regular accidental and not intrusive to the song?

I meant to say it's almost always in one key, just to cover my bases with counter arguments such as key changes (although it's still in one key at a time) and extremely rare circumstances that I don't understand where it can be successfully argued that a song is in more than one key at a certain point.

The majority of the time, a song will stay in one key.

Anyways, lets start from the start, do you know your major and minor scales?
Soundcloud
Quote by kthxbi
i do know the major and minor scales

Ok. Have you learnt how to harmonise the notes within the scales to create chords?
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
Ok. Have you learnt how to harmonise the notes within the scales to create chords?

urmm not really i don't think. i mean, there are certain intervals which i'll often use and know they'll be minor or major or whatever but i don't really know the theory behind it.
Quote by kthxbi
urmm not really i don't think. i mean, there are certain intervals which i'll often use and know they'll be minor or major or whatever but i don't really know the theory behind it.

Ok, well I'd recommend looking into it then. As a very general hint there are 7 basic chords which can be created by any major or minor scale.

Check this out: http://www.musictheory.net/lessons/40

And continue lessons from there. Or even earlier lessons from the site if you're a bit hazy on the fundamentals.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB

Because the F# chord is major, acting as Bm's V chord!
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
Because the F# chord is major, acting as Bm's V chord!

Well sure. But lets focus on how to identify the key for now.
Soundcloud
any two chords can combine with each other... but its always based on the genre tat you select the wright progression... for example if your searching for a dark sound you can mix the open e minor 5th chord with the A# minor 5th chord