I was playing on my Blackstar Ht20 today and it suddenly made a strange noise and stopped working. It turns on and I can see the tubes light up, but no sound comes out. The guitar works fine with my other amp so I know that it's the HT20.

I bought the amp new in December, but play 40+ hours a week. Could the tubes be worn out already?

I'm not sure what the problem is.

Any suggestions?
Your tubes seem fine, it may be the connection of the preamp to the speaker itself. Unless you're experienced with electronics, you should take it in to a music shop or ship it back to the factory if it is still under warranty.
What kind of strange noise? Sounds like a component might have failed or something along the lines of that. I'd say its unlikely tubes because as you said they're still working and you're getting no sound.

Your best bet is to take it into a tech unless you want to venture at looking inside it yourself. But that is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS and I don't recommend it if you don't know what you're doing.
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
The tubes shouldn't be worn out if you aren't pushing them hard. Thus might seem dumb but did you check the wire that runs from the amp to the speakers? Mine fell off once and it took me forever to figure out!
Quote by vjferrara
The tubes shouldn't be worn out if you aren't pushing them hard. Thus might seem dumb but did you check the wire that runs from the amp to the speakers? Mine fell off once and it took me forever to figure out!

+1 always look at the simple things first. and things that you are able to do.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I plan on taking it into a shop or whatever. For future reference, if the tubes fail I'll still get some sound?

It just makes me upset because I was really jammin'. Haha. I play so much that when something like this happens I have withdrawals. I start shaking and I get all itchy. Just kidding.

But thanks for the advice. I'll let a pro check it out and see what can be done about the problem.
Quote by vjferrara

Yeah. Everything looks like it's hooked up right. I just can't see what the problem might be.
Quote by traild
I plan on taking it into a shop or whatever. For future reference, if the tubes fail I'll still get some sound?

It just makes me upset because I was really jammin'. Haha. I play so much that when something like this happens I have withdrawals. I start shaking and I get all itchy. Just kidding.

But thanks for the advice. I'll let a pro check it out and see what can be done about the problem.

if the tubes fail, the would get sound up until when they failed. if they are lighting up normally, your tubes are fine.

try warranty before you do anything if its only a few months old. and when you call on warranty, be relentless. get on their a**.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/