22 28%
The Day After Tomorrow
26 33%
The Core
14 18%
Dante's Peak
18 23%
Voters: 80.
for my geology class i have to watch and review one of the listed movies for extra credit (poll coming shortly). i thought i'd enlist the hivemind of the pit to help me make a decision.

a few details to consider:
i have already seen the day after tomorrow, and 2012 is the only one streaming on netflix
Go Veg.
Quote by maidenrulz19
When playing any pokemon game and encountering a fisherman with 5 or 6 FUCKING MAGIKARP!!!!!!! I mean the thing is useless and it only gives like 7 exp points each. Yeah eventually that guy can have an army of gyarados but still.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
2012 is not that bad of a movie if you can ignore how silly it is.
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

Out of the choices, I'd go with the Day after tomorrow.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Day After Tomorrow is FULL of scientific inaccuracies, horribly forced social commentary, terrible acting and a series of events so laughably unlikely it should probably count as a comedy instead of disaster movie.

If you really wanna go off on a rant about a bad movie, definately Day After Tomorrow.

It may be bad but it was incredibly entertaining.
\
_\,,
"-=\~ _
\\~___( ~
_|/---\\_
\ \
Dante's Peak, just cause it has the original Sarah Connor and James Bond number 5
Dante's Peak because it's so bad it's a comedy.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Dantes peak owns the other 3
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Spoiler for all of them: They are probably the least scientifically inaccurate films of all time (and there's a ton of competition. The reasons 50s Sci Fi gets a pass is because film makers didn't know any better back then. These films never should have been made with access to the internet.

That being said, The Core is kind of enjoyable in a classic 50s Sci-Fi kind of way.
Dante's Peak is the one with the volcano right? I remember it freaking me out when I was like eight years old or so, but I saw it again on TV recently and it was so cheesy that it was actually awesome (like The Mighty Ducks).

So I suggest Dante's Peak.
My step dad had a heart attack while watching 2012. Just so you know, there's a slight chance that movie will kill you.

(Btw my step dad is still alive and well)
Quote by CoreysMonster
Day After Tomorrow is FULL of scientific inaccuracies, horribly forced social commentary, terrible acting and a series of events so laughably unlikely it should probably count as a comedy instead of disaster movie.

If you really wanna go off on a rant about a bad movie, definately Day After Tomorrow.

Everything you just said applies to 2012 as well, only more.
I've only seen TDAT but I voted for Dante's Peak just because.
Check out my band Disturbed
I'm a geologist. Watch Dante's Peak.
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by mrfinkle213
2012 is not that bad of a movie if you can ignore how silly it is.

This. If it wasn't so freaking unbelievable it would've been pretty decent.

(not the good unbelievable, the "you just drove a limo through a skyscraper/that's not how planes work/no child looks that ugly, good god it's a twin...?" unbelievable.)
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Dara O Briain did a very good routine about how shit 2012 is.

I have nothing more relevant to contribute.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
2012 was laughably bad. The guy and his band of not-so-merry followers sabotaged that ridiculous arc thing and yet when he fixes the problem, which he is 100% to be be blamed for, they treat him like a hero.