whats better for metal, all metal orange rockerverb 50, or orange thunderverb 50
Quote by khobi64
whats better for metal, all metal orange rockerverb 50, or orange thunderverb 50

All personal preference. Thunderverb is thicker, bassier, and sludgier. Rockerverb is less "girthy" and tighter.
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

a different amp brand.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Neither would be great for metal
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by lbj273
Neither would be great for metal

Wrong, wrong, wrong. I have a Diezel VH4 and a rockerverb 100, and i can assure you that the RV really can do metal pretty well. Besides that, Slipknot plays on rockerverbs (sounds pretty metal to me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wws7mnMewPw).
Rockerverb, because it's tighter.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Apr 19, 2011,
slipknot. cool.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
What kind of metal is it?

The RV 50 I had needed a bit of a boost to play metal, but I assume you'll be using different guitars to me. Plus I've not played the new ones so I don't know how they stack up. The RV100 can do metal for days.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by natehimself
orange sucks

You suck. .

Anyways, neither Orange. They're great for stoner/sludge metal, but that's about it.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by natehimself
orange sucks

Right, because an amp can only be good if it gets that Black Dahlia Murder tone

I don't know what kind of metal you're talking about but other than Slipknot I know that Underoath also uses Orange as well as a few other acts. Google it. It is true though that the RV and TV may not be your best choices if you're looking for the SUPER high gain stuff. Orange gives you the classic British tone which, imho, sounds better than Marshall unless you're going top shelf ($2000+). Try them out if possible, but I'd also keep an eye out for the more traditional "metal amps" like Mesa and Peavey.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Hmm... well honestly they both can DO metal, but the end tone is gonna result on your fingers when it comes to metal out of those amps (andyour pick attack). I'd say you'd be better off with a Mesa rectifier/peavey xxx/6505.
Quote by rockxwl
Right, because an amp can only be good if it gets that Black Dahlia Murder tone

I don't know what kind of metal you're talking about but other than Slipknot I know that Underoath also uses Orange as well as a few other acts. Google it. It is true though that the RV and TV may not be your best choices if you're looking for the SUPER high gain stuff. Orange gives you the classic British tone which, imho, sounds better than Marshall unless you're going top shelf ($2000+). Try them out if possible, but I'd also keep an eye out for the more traditional "metal amps" like Mesa and Peavey.

dude i've tried oranges before. it's just too fizzy dark and idk. it's just totally unusable tone to me. but hey, maybe somebody else finds that acquirable.
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.
especially if you are in the US
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
peavy 6505, some soldanos, a mesa rectifier, engl's, i think VHT/freyettes are in that range
hell even a krank would be better than an orange

you'd be better off taking a grand an buying the peavy and spending another grand on gear or anything guitar or whatever you want

2 grand for an amp that can make you sound like paramore and underoath? yeah no thanks
Quote by effyeahjade
peavy 6505, some soldanos, a mesa rectifier, engl's, i think VHT/freyettes are in that range
hell even a krank would be better than an orange
you'd be better off taking a grand an buying the peavy and spending another grand on gear or anything guitar or whatever you want

2 grand for an amp that can make you sound like paramore and underoath? yeah no thanks

I've heard stupid good tone from Kranks. Just takes awhile to dial it in.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Maybe you should ask this guy
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Mastodon use Orange, and so does Down... but they don't play metal... and yeah I use a rockerverb 100 and I play metal and I WAY prefer it over my mates ENGL... suppose it's personal preference though.

Between the two I'd take the Rockerverb, it's more "in your face"/ punchy !!! ^^

Oh and like the guy above posted : check out rob chappers
Gibson Les Paul Std HB
Fender MIM telecaster MW
Epiphone ZW Les Paul
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
MXR ZW-44
Dunlop Crybaby
Line 6 Relay G30

www.myspace.com/arovidia

Quote by Will Swanson
Pull your scrotum out, and smear it over your walls.
Quote by natehimself
dude i've tried oranges before. it's just too fizzy dark and idk. it's just totally unusable tone to me. but hey, maybe somebody else finds that acquirable.

Matter of opinion, but I totally agree with your assessment.

I'm not a terribly big fan of how dark they are either.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.