I have to start this thread by saying thanks to the ug community for helping me pick out my new guitar. Because of the help you guys gave me I ended up with a B.C. Rich Mockingbird ST, where I might have spent that money on a strat without your advice. I couldn't be happier with this. Guitar unless it did dishes and slept with me.

I got coil taps, hot pickups, a floyd, the works. Now I need an amp that can handle this beautiful monster.

I play blues, rock, country, metal, jazz and classical in that order. The mockingbird can handle any of it very well. I'm ok with solid state and tube amps, as long as you know ur shit and can vouch for them. If you haven't spent at least 10 hrs on a rig, pls don't recommend it. I like some effects on an amp, but not some modelling amp with 400 settings. It also has to be very road-worthy, and able to play to 300+. I like the roland cube 60s for starters, but I think there may be better amps I've never seen.

Suggest away.

Edit: also, I have four fifty..ish to spend. American.
-Your shadow of doubt.
Last edited by phuckoph at Apr 19, 2011,
we really need your price range to help you.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Hahaha there are not a lot of good classical guitar amps out there.

Also, you're not going to find any really quality amps with built in effects other than the odd trem or reverb, and likewise you won't find any amps with quality built in effects.

Playing to 300people can easily be accomplished by most amps, and I'm going to assume you're going to have FOH of some fashion.

I have suggestions but we really need a price range.
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
Something that can play to 300+ people.
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
I don't play too much classical, just enjoy messing with in in free time. Blues, rock, and country are the main sounds i need, but I want the ability to do the other three on some capacity. See the edit for price range, and by 300+ I mean 400 is prolly the biggest thing ill play in the next few years, and that's just the occasional mexican family reunion or something
-Your shadow of doubt.
Still no mention of a budget??
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
See above. 450 ish. American.

And foh is out of the question, but we do a good job of managing our sound. I play with about 20 musicians in what has become an ad-hoc jam band. We play parties, benefits, and backyards all around.
-Your shadow of doubt.
I see. Haha everything I was going to suggest is out of that price range.

You're not going to get anything decent for $450 really.
In that case, go ahead and suggest the rigs so I can have a ballpark of what to save for pls. I really just want to know what's out there mostly. I love having opinions from a group on gear like this. Its too expensive to buy bad stuff because u didn't know better.
-Your shadow of doubt.
bump. Anyone know of some good amps with a decent reverb that are tough and can play to a large crowd? Not teh brootz, just good all around sound from metal down. Good distortion preferred, but have pedals that will work. Really need a good clean sound, good reverb, and several good distorted sounds. No price range, just trying to get some info about what to try out next time I get a chance to get to a guitar center.
-Your shadow of doubt.
Last edited by phuckoph at May 6, 2011,
Quote by phuckoph
bump. Anyone know of some good amps with a decent reverb that are tough and can play to a large crowd? Not teh brootz, just good all around sound from metal down. Good distortion preferred, but have pedals that will work. Really need a good clean sound, good reverb, and several good distorted sounds. No price range, just trying to get some info about what to try out next time I get a chance to get to a guitar center.

Peavey Vypyr

it has good reverb and delay, has nice cleans(I like plexi model), has good light distortion(plexi model is also good for this), and good metal tone(all the models on the left of the knob, prefered rec model). Each model has a green and red setting. Has effects knob(10 editable effects) and a stompbox knob(11 editable stompboxes). Has 2 footswitches, the cheap one is good enough, can control 12 savable setting, control delay, and stompbox, and has a looper, as well as a volume/wah/pitchshift pedal. The tones are good(vypyr 30 and up), but not as good as tube amps(obviously). Also has aux input(for mp3, backing tracks) and headphone input, and usb(75W and up). also has a tuner...

Sounds complicated when you read it, but it is actually a really easy amp to work with.

price range from $200(30w) and up to around 500-675 for the 120W tube amp(1 12AX7 preamp and 4 6L6GC power).
Last edited by bustapr at May 6, 2011,
Quote by bustapr
Peavey Vypyr

it has good reverb and delay, has nice cleans(I like plexi model), has good light distortion(plexi model is also good for this), and good metal tone(all the models on the left of the knob, prefered rec model). Each model has a green and red setting. Has effects knob(10 editable effects) and a stompbox knob(11 editable stompboxes). Has 2 footswitches, the cheap one is good enough, can control 12 savable setting, control delay, and stompbox, and has a looper, as well as a volume/wah/pitchshift pedal. The tones are good(vypyr 30 and up), but not as good as tube amps(obviously). Also has aux input(for mp3, backing tracks) and headphone input, and usb(75W and up). also has a tuner...

Sounds complicated when you read it, but it is actually a really easy amp to work with.

price range from $200(30w) and up to around 500-675 for the 120W tube amp(1 12AX7 preamp and 4 6L6GC power).

+1
A used Vypyr 120 is probably your best bet, that or a used Peavey 6505 112.
Bugera 1990 is also in your budget, along with the 333 but you'll need to buy a cab too.
A used peavey classic 30 would work great for the genres you want. As well as most of the Crate V/Palomino Series amps.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
I'm kinda trying to avoid the modeling amps. I just want a good reverb/delay/whatever knob and also some decent dist (have pedals). I need something a lil louder than the cube 60. Also, guy with stuff for sale.. Wat sig?
-Your shadow of doubt.
Traynor YCV50B wins hands down IMO.

Although they suddenly seem to be impossible to find in the US, but all over the UK...which is the exact opposite of a couple of years ago o_O
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com