before my brother's future sort of went downhill, he was planning to get right into a 4-year music college. i remember him remeniscing about his search and telling me something like "it came down to 2 colleges, berklee and ____, berklee of course was more jazz orientated and ____ was more classical. i chose berklee but obviously never went through with it," and i can't remember at all what the other school was. i know its some big name almost everyone knows of, and i know its in the US. so what would be the most well known high-standard classical music school in the US? i'm mostly just curious, im not trying to get into it or anything
Julliard?
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Meh who cares? Sounds like your brother was just ranting anyways.

Yeah, I was tossing up between joining the FBI or the CIA, I ended up picking the FBI but didn't do it anyway. Inspiring stuff there.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
Meh who cares? Sounds like your brother was just ranting anyways.

Yeah, I was tossing up between joining the FBI or the CIA, I ended up picking the FBI but didn't do it anyway. Inspiring stuff there.

don't be mean

haha its just curiosity. i can't stand it when i don't remember these little details. i think i have OCD. actually every1 i know thinks i have OCD hahaha

and yes you guys, it was julliard! haha i feel dumb. thank you!!
I wouldn't say Julliard is the classical equivalent of Berklee. The equivalent of Berklee would be any other good music college that has good industry contacts and is extremely expensive.
Quote by TMVATDI
don't be mean

haha its just curiosity. i can't stand it when i don't remember these little details. i think i have OCD. actually every1 i know thinks i have OCD hahaha

and yes you guys, it was julliard! haha i feel dumb. thank you!!

I'll have to give you a game sometime. What's your gamertag?
Quote by DiminishedFifth
There's two that come to mind...

Jacob's School of Music at Indiana University

and

Julliard in NYC.

Julliard is the better of the two, but MUCH harder to get into.

actually maybe it was jacob's?? i know it starts with a j haha which doesnt help at all between those 2
Quote by griffRG7321
I wouldn't say Julliard is the classical equivalent of Berklee. The equivalent of Berklee would be any other good music college that has good industry contacts and is extremely expensive.

That sounds just like Juilliard!

We know only for certain that it isn't Curtis.
Last edited by Vlasco at Apr 20, 2011,
Quote by Steve635z
I'll have to give you a game sometime. What's your gamertag?

wtf is a gamertag