Orangey goodness

Damn, this amp is sexy.

It features two channels, and both of them have a ton of gain. Channel B has a tighter distortion and is more suited to metal while Channel A has a looser distortion. I prefer the gain on Channel A because I think it sounds way better for stoner metal and sludge. I have Channel B set up for clean, and it does a good job of it, they're not the prettiest cleans, but they're still quite good. It also has waaaay too much reverb, whenever I use it, I barely turn the knob up. I keep my main guitar in C Standard and it sounds amazing through this amp, it has sooo much bottom end. I was gonna put my strat through it, but it was out of tune and I was too lazy to tune it.

I got the head second hand for $1800 AU and the cab brand new for $750

A couple more pics:

This thing sounds monstrous.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
HNAD! I came in here expecting something mediocre or a 6505, and was graced with this, very nice.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by DimebagLivesOn
So damn cool, beyond jelly.

you are jellatinous

Quote by ChucklesMginty
I was expecting a Valveking or an HT-5. Awesome.

Yeah, I was looking at a ton of cheap low wattage amps, but I just thought, "screw it, I'm gonna end up selling them one day, might as well get something I'll keep forever"
Albums I Must Obtain
Quote by fretsonfire74
Last edited by pbiggie at Apr 19, 2011,
Good stuff mate nice to see something different than the usual 6505 or Blackstar

I've been looking into an Orange myself did you happen to compare it to a Rocker 30 or Thunder 30 at all?
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Good stuff mate nice to see something different than the usual 6505 or Blackstar

I've been looking into an Orange myself did you happen to compare it to a Rocker 30 or Thunder 30 at all?

Yeah, I played one against the Thunder 30. Didn't really like the thunder 30, not a big fan of the shape knob, and I couldn't really get a clean tone I liked out of it (though others on this site think the cleans on it are great). The Thunderverb 50 is straight up Ballsier.
Albums I Must Obtain
Quote by fretsonfire74
Nice! I just started GAS'ing for a RV50 and a TV50 today again.
PM to contact me -- For Sale:
ESP X-Tone series hard case
Big Muff Pi
MXR 10 Band EQ (maybe)
Boss RV-3
I just tried one of these babies at Samash last Saturday. I am so ****ing jelly... Just... I need to go... *cleans up mess and takes tissue box with me*
I know what you mean with the reverb. I had the same problem with my Rockerverb 100. Just take it to an amp tech to get it fixed. The only thing he has to do is solder a resistance in front of the pot and it'll be fixed. Costed me 10 € to get it done. It's really worth the effort.

HNAD!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by pbiggie
"screw it, I'm gonna end up selling them one day, might as well get something I'll keep forever"

i literally spit coffee when i read this.

keep telling yourself that, however we aren't going to believe it.

HNAD!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Very very nice - I haven't had a chance to play a real Orange amp - no one stocks them around me. From clips, the Thunder sounds pretty snazzy though.
Quote by pbiggie

Yeah, I was looking at a ton of cheap low wattage amps, but I just thought, "screw it, I'm gonna end up selling them one day, might as well get something I'll keep forever"

good thinking
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Happy NAD!

Sidenote - how do you like the Reverend? I've had my eyes on a few models from them lately.
My Gear:
Fender 65' Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Fender 72 Telecaster Deluxe
Epi Les Paul Special Plus
Seagull S6 Original
Pitchblack>Tubescreamer>Xotic AC Booster

My Band - A Waste Odyssey
Hnad! Def my favourite orange

Guitars:
Charvel USA San Dimas | Jackson Matt Tuck Rhoads | Jackson DK2M Dinky | Epiphone Les Paul Custom Midnight | Fender MIM Sunburst Tele

Amp:
Jet City JCA100HDM | Framus CS 2x12
Quote by gregs1020
i literally spit coffee when i read this.

keep telling yourself that, however we aren't going to believe it.

HNAD!

shit man, if I got a Thunderverb, I could never sell it. Unless I found something with the same sound but just... Better I guess... Then I would, but I like the tone to much to ever sell one of these things. Regardless of getting another amp.
Quote by Ironic Maiden
shit man, I like the tone to much to ever sell one of these things. Regardless of getting another amp.

i know the feeling.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
very nice
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

Quote by trevh
Happy NAD!

Sidenote - how do you like the Reverend? I've had my eyes on a few models from them lately.

It's a beautiful guitar, really comfortable to play and it's pretty versatile. Before I bought it, another guy was trying it out and he was doing some pretty sweet jazz stuff, and I use it for stoner rock and it does a great job of it. It's a slightly muddy sounding though, it can't get sparkly or twangy like my strat.

I haven't played any other reverend models though.
Albums I Must Obtain
Quote by fretsonfire74
I'm so jelly. This is one of my favourite amps ever, the reverb is gorgeous. Few amps sound better for playing leads IMO.
HNAD! given the genres that you appear to be into.....

EDIT: if you dont recognize him then you need a bag
Attachments:
matt pike.jpg
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
Quote by gregs1020
i know the feeling.
but I see your point though, especially if money is tight and you want something new.
Sexy Dude! Congrats on that amp!
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.