I am looking into which speakers to put in an empty 2x12 I have to go with my ac30 head. I know the definition of indie rock is vague but I have been looking around forums to find a solution to this for quite a while. To be more specific the bands I would like to get in the tonal range of Include: young the giant, local natives, foals, two door cinema club and the list goes on.

The only good guitar I have right now is a custom made strat with p-90s, I do not have effects pedals at the moment, but open to suggestions for this sound also.

Thank you!
I saw young the giant at sxsw last month, I enjoyed them.
Since its an AC30 get some blues, vintages, or greenback.. Or a combo of the two. Those are the ones I've heard with AC30s and I've liked em' all. I'm partial to those blues but yeah.

IIRC young had some slidey reverby stuff, and another guy with just your basic OD sound... So... reverb, OD, delay would be good for effects but thats a WHOLE other topic entirely...
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
I saw young the giant at sxsw last month, I enjoyed them.

Yeah I have been loving them, hope to see them live soon.

Since its an AC30 get some blues

If I only had the money to get one blue right now, would a gold make sense? Or would it be better to wait to get two blues?
I play the same stuff...Local Natives are sick...I've got a V30 and a G12H30 in my 212 for my AC30, sounds great to me
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
I've got a V30 and a G12H30

What made you choose this configuration over the blues? Price alone?
There are some blue clones out there, but I have no experience with them. Might be worth looking into.

local natives <3
My Gear:
Fender 65' Deluxe Reverb Reissue
Fender 72 Telecaster Deluxe
Epi Les Paul Special Plus
Seagull S6 Original
Pitchblack>Tubescreamer>Xotic AC Booster

My Band - A Waste Odyssey
There are some blue clones out there, but I have no experience with them. Might be worth looking into.

local natives <3

Ya I have looked into them but most are only a little cheaper than the real thing. But without hearing them I would have to guess some people like them better.
If cash isn't an option I'd go with the blues...

Failing that a friend has recently fitted some Eminence Legend's to a 4x12 cab he has at home and it sounds bloody fantastic.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Eminence Legend's

Do you know if they were gb128?

cash is a little bit of an issue but I would rather do it right the first time
Quote by szejna
What made you choose this configuration over the blues? Price alone?

mostly price, but I also wanted speakers that would sound good and be able to handle higher wattage amps
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by szejna
Do you know if they were gb128?

cash is a little bit of an issue but I would rather do it right the first time

Honestly have no idea.

He bought a 4x12 with crappy speakers in it a couple of years ago (and now tries to avoid shopping on eBay whilst drunk) and got a deal on the Eminence so swapped them out.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
i play a matchless which is the same ballpark sort of tone and run a g12h in the amp with a 2x12 open back orange cab with v30's the mix is pretty good. but the g12h is a more efficient speaker and will probably dominate the v30 a little bit.

honestly though i would just save up and get a set of blues because they are great imo.
i would keep the combo, but only because it has the speakers. i think you could slel the head for more than an empty combo. maybe not. who knows.

also, Foals = so awesome.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣