Ok, well I'm looking into a good guitar to treat like shit and have it still be playable lol. Basically a cheap strat style guitar. I love my $1,000 Les Paul and all, but I want something I can feel more comfortable slinging around on stage with. I play mostly punk rock and was thinking about a cheap pawn shop strat, but I want a playable one that is white. Which lead me to the Squire Bullet. Does anyone know if it's any good? Or if it's complete shit that wouldn't even be worthy of achieving a rough punk sound.

Thanks bros

-Daniel
Guitars: Epiphone Slash AFD Les Paul, Schecter Omen-6, and Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Amp: Jet City JCA20H with JCA12s cab
Pedalboard: Crybaby Classic, Boss DS-1, Korg Multi FX, BBE Boosta Grande, Rocktron HUSH Pedal. ProCo Rat.
The quality of them isnt great but you can't expect much more for the price. It should be able to do punk rock just fine.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Buy a cheap bullet and up the pickups cheapest way to get a better sound for less.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
punk rock doesnt need anything good.

Get a mexican strat dude and put some humbuckers in it check craigslist

the G400 epi sG is also a great deal
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
My stratocaster is a Hohner Arbor MX. It was second hand and cost £20, but it sounds very good. I got it off ebay, but if you just go to a few second hand shops or junkstores or whatever, you'll find something like it.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=60s+guitar&_sacat=See-All-Categories

you should keep your eye out for stuff like this too.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by Punkrokkboi
Ok, well I'm looking into a good guitar to treat like shit and have it still be playable lol. Basically a cheap strat style guitar. I love my $1,000 Les Paul and all, but I want something I can feel more comfortable slinging around on stage with. I play mostly punk rock and was thinking about a cheap pawn shop strat, but I want a playable one that is white. Which lead me to the Squire Bullet. Does anyone know if it's any good? Or if it's complete shit that wouldn't even be worthy of achieving a rough punk sound.

Thanks bros

-Daniel

If you do get a Squier bullet make sure you get a later made model, 2008 and after. The ones made prior to 2008 are made of plywood and have thinner bodies, not too good. The newer ones are almost as thick as a USA Strat and are made of solid basswood-and they are surprisingly good.
Rondo Music have a selections of SX guitars that are usually decent but very cheap. If you don't like the one you get you can send it back for exchange or refund. Their CS is very good.

That also have Douglas and Agile guitars.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Do you really need a $100 beater? Or should you look into a used guitar that's already seen its fair share of road wear? That is your best bet - looking for something someone already loved but is in playable condition.
Ok, I may get flamed for this, but how about a used Schecter C-1 Blackjack? You can find one for around $300 used. Not exactly $100, but they will come with great pickups and, at least in my experience, are very well made. They have a mahogany body, are set neck guitars, and have locking tuners.
Last edited by Mishakuz at Apr 19, 2011,
I bought a Epi G-400 for $299, and put a $73 Seymour Duncan SH-4 in it. so for less than $400 I have a ripping "beater". Even a stock one used would be like @$200 . If you feel the need to go strat-style, look at the classic vibe series used, or even the Telicaster Custom(one has DD P90's the other 2 humbuckers).
Quote by effyeahjade
am i the only one that noticed he said i love my 1000$ les paul and his sig says epiphone? =|

im pretty sure his epiphone cost that much new. Its the Appetite for Destruction les paul but Epis version
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
Do you really need a $100 beater? Or should you look into a used guitar that's already seen its fair share of road wear? That is your best bet - looking for something someone already loved but is in playable condition.

Yeah dude my Gibson SG Faded looks like its been through a war zone but it sounds and plays like a dream. I paid about half price as it would be new. See if you can get a deal similar to this. I thought I would buy my SG just as a live guitar. It would have great tone and playability but already be beat up so I wouldn't feel bad. Now I look at it as my go to guitar.
For a beater guitar just go on ebay.

Try to find a good deal on something like a Fender MIM strat or a high end Squier (because you still want it to be of a decent quality, even if you're not willing to spend a lot of money on it and want to just thrash it a bit.)
what you want is a squier 51.

trust me. used they go for $150-200 depending.

it's an HS set up, with a great neck.

PM ippon and beg for one, he's got a couple stashed away.
Fender custom shop.
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
I'm just gonna throw out that old Ibanez Icemans (IC300/400/ICX120/etc.) are pretty cheap online, anywhere from $150-450, and if you up the pickups they're pretty flashy and can sound great while still being expendable.
modes are a social construct
You already have a schecter omen-6. Use that or pick up another secondhand like I did. Solid as a rock