can I use a Boss PSA230P adapter for my Korg Pitchblack? I read some people did but when searching for specifications, Korg says the Pitchblack needs a 9V AC center negative adapter with minimum 600 mA and the Boss adapter puts out 9V DC center negative 200 mA. so I guess not? then which one do I need? thanx!
Quote by tubetime86
Most people don't give a shit about tone... We are the exception, not the rule.

I probably am a bit more rule than exception though
The 600mA specification is probably the recommendation if you plan on powering another pedal off the extra tap on the Korg. I have a very hard time imagining the Korg itself pulls anything approaching 600mA. I think the Boss will do just fine so long as you don't try to power another pedal off the Korg. Depending on total current draw, you might even be able to get away with powering another pedal off the Korg with the 200mA adapter.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Last edited by ConfederateAxe at Apr 19, 2011,
right, that's what I should have added: I want to use the Pitchblack to power either a Big Muff Pi or a Dano Tremolo as well...
Quote by tubetime86

The Big Muff doesn't draw hardly any current, I believe. Research it for yourself to be certain. I don't think the Tremolo pedal draws much either. If you have user manuals for both pedals, look at the specs and total it up.
Quote by ConfederateAxe
The Big Muff doesn't draw hardly any current, I believe.

So it draws a lot of current?
Quote by littlephil
So it draws a lot of current?

Yeah, it draws more current than your mom's handheld nighttime pal.
both the Big Muff and the tremolo don't draw more than 10 mA so I guess I could easily power the Pitchblack and one of these two with a 200 mA adapter, right? thanks for all the answers! (except the one about the guy's mom's handheld nighttime pal, that was a bit naughty...)
Quote by tubetime86