Is it a very viable option to buy from there and mod parts? How good are the parts originally? How universal are the parts?
- Cody

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
What a faggot, do a few lines of cocaine and have a shot of whiskey or 5 if you want to study right
Quote by crice6505
Is it a very viable option to buy from there and mod parts? How good are the parts originally? How universal are the parts?

That would depend on what "brand" you are purchasing from them.

I hear good things about Agiles while some find SX to be cheap/mediocore.

I never played an Agile but I did own an SX at one time. I personally wouldn't invest a whole lot in it - about 90% of the hardware was cheap and would need replacing.

If you have the money it could be worth the shot to get you familiar with doing work on guitars. I bought a used Squier Affinity that was pretty banged up - ending up refinishing, refretting, making a new nut, rewiring and swapping out hardware.

The end result left me with a pretty bangin' instrument. Yes, I could have easily invested in a new guitar but this gave me an enormous amount of experience.

Up to you, really.

I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
well, I dont really need to get familiar with it, Ive built three guitars now. I just wondered If it could be an instrument that would be worth my time to change alot of things on.
- Cody

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
What a faggot, do a few lines of cocaine and have a shot of whiskey or 5 if you want to study right
for the Agiles, definatly. They're a cheaper Les Paul that Epiphone makes, and you would spend the same amount of money upgrading either one.

I had an AL-2000 Les Paul once, and I was impressed with it's playability once I set it up to my liking. The only complaints I have would be the cheap parts they used. You'd have to at least replace the pickups right off the bat. If my memory serves me correctly I think the nut was plastic. The bridge didn't seem too bad tho
Quote by crice6505
well, I dont really need to get familiar with it, Ive built three guitars now. I just wondered If it could be an instrument that would be worth my time to change alot of things on.

In that case I wouldn't go with anything other than an Agile or other higher-end models they sell (imo).
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
I own an Agile AS-820 (es-335 type thing) and I can vouch for it's quality. All the parts seem to be acceptable to me, grover tuners are nice and hold tune awesome. The bridge does have that annoying retainer spring that rattles. But that's my only complaint. The tone is pretty good, I added a Jimmy Page wiring setup and coil split the stock humbuckers. It's a pretty neat guitar.