Page 1 of 8
How would you react if your good friend was raped by someone you knew?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

I would be supportive of my friend and encourage her/him to report it to the police I wouldn't let the other person know I knew so they would be unsuspecting that the raped person had the guts to tell anyone.
E Family
E-Son to OldiebutNewbie
E-Brother to Andrea55
E-Brother to guitarxo
E-Uncle to Basti95
a big long loving hug. Then tell her/him to report it. Also, seek counseling.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Quote by shredbeyndshred
thanx man you rule hong siah

Quote by Scourge
thanks, Hong Siah... now im gonna have nightmares about my balls being ripped apart while in mid fall from a building window.

#47 member of Alter Bridge Rocks club
#40 member of The Linkin Park Rocks Club
my ex girlfriend was "raped" by someone i know while i was with her, i confronted him and it turns out she had just cheated on me
Ben

GEAR:
Squier Vintage Modified Telecaster Deluxe
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Blackstar ht-5 head
Blackstar ht-408 cab
Landola V72 Acoustic
Seymour Duncan Woody SC

Quote by lolometer1
Wanna be sex buddies?
Quote by housemd
nope.
I'd prolly be pissed. But I'd try to be supportive of them. I'd encourage them to call the cops, and ask them if they needed someone to talk to. If they felt they needed a counselor, I'd help them find one. Basically, just be there for them, TS.

Cuz it wouldn't be right to go in and beat the hell out of the rapists (as much as they might deserve it), since it wouldn't actually help anything. So, all you can do is be there for your friend.
for all of you assuming, no, my good friend did not get raped by someone I knew; I got raped by someone I know. but thanks for the advice anyway.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
for all of you assuming, no, my good friend did not get raped by someone I knew; I got raped by someone I know. but thanks for the advice anyway.

Well, you did say your friend in the OP.
Quote by vintage x metal

Ah.

But yeah I would definitely get some support and help on this matter.
Sensible rational answer given while calm and discussing a hypothetical situation?

comfort them and encourage them to get in touch with the police.

What would actually happen if it was a close friend who I would trust 100% never to lie about this type of thing?

I dunno, but chances are it would involve some sort of violence.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
Well, you did say your friend in the OP.

Hypothetical question, that explanation wasn't meant to be charged in any way. This was months ago. I'm just trying to see people's gut reactions to the situation without being in the context. Most are of humor it seems.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal

I'm Mel Gibson, and I support this notion!

CARRIT: Oops, I didn't know you got raped I'm sorry! I thought it would be some stupid hypothetical thread about rape where we all try and be most funny.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Last edited by Snowman388 at Apr 19, 2011,
dang.. your friends should support you TS.. if any of them try to 'defend' the rapist in any way, they deserve nothing more than a firm kick to the bottom.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
I would meet him and hear his side of why he did it. Then I would take a hammer right to his balls.

Not very logical or rational, I know, but the prosecution rate of rapists is so low it would probably just be an ego-rub for him if the authorities were involved.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
Sensible rational answer given while calm and discussing a hypothetical situation?

What would actually happen if it was a close friend who I would trust 100% never to lie about this type of thing?

Pretty much this. I like to think of myself as being able to sort out situations in the calmest, rational way.

But really, I know I'd just flip a shit and knockfuck out of them. And then probably realise I was wrong, and it was all just blown out of proportion.

Also depends, if someone I knew was my friend or just someone...I knew
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Basically, this.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by vintage x metal
Hypothetical question, that explanation wasn't meant to be charged in any way. This was months ago. I'm just trying to see people's gut reactions to the situation without being in the context. Most are of humor it seems.

No offense intended. It's the pit, if you post a serious thread in here it's your fault for expecting more.

OT: I think you need help from personal friends rather than strangers on the internet.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by vintage x metal

That's the internet and offensive humour for you. Some people can find humour in most anything if they're not personally affected or emotionally engaged with it.
Take for example racist jokes, dead baby jokes, sexist jokes... etc etc. I'm not saying that's wrong, just with most jokes out there it can be offensive to someone, it's a matter of sensitivity. I imagine if you had started the thread saying it was you nobody would make jokes out of sensitivity to your directly being affected by the subject.

Quote by the bartender
dang.. your friends should support you TS.. if any of them try to 'defend' the rapist in any way, they deserve nothing more than a firm kick to the bottom.

Rape charges can be difficult with people you know or are close to. With a violent rape by a stranger, it is pretty straightforward, with a friend or someone you know what might be judged as rape might be judged as a mistake by someone else, or simply being slightly pressuring. It's not always open-shut cases. However if the victim feels they are indeed a victim it is something that needs to be taken seriously.
Quote by laid-to-waste
No offense intended. It's the pit, if you post a serious thread in here it's your fault for expecting more.

OT: I think you need help from personal friends rather than strangers on the internet.

Seriously. I like you and all but come on.
Quote by laid-to-waste

Hi. Did any of my previous posts seem offended? Did they seem like they were seeking help? Were they angry? Did they seem spiteful or even slightly irked by the humor? Did I not state that this was a hypothetical question? Have you seen any posts even slightly reacting poorly to the humor? Have I bashed anyone? Have I actively seeked pity?

No. I didn't do any of those things. I simply stated the fact that the situation in the OP is not my situation. If that is too awkward for you to handle, don't post your reaction.

However, because you did react the way you did, fuck you. Seriously, fuck you and don't ever tell someone how to handle a situation like this. Kindly fuck off.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Hypothetically, since I'm calm and all, call the police and offer whatever I can to the friend.

In the moment I'd probably flip shit and beat the living fuck out of the guy.

Quote by laid-to-waste

Wow, you are a fuckface.
Last edited by Thrashtastic15 at Apr 19, 2011,
Well to be honest I would be skeptical at first, depending on circumstances of course. I know of a lot of local cases where someone will call say they were assaulted, either when someone they don't want to know finds out they had sex or just makes up the story completely without the two persons having any sexual contact. Just a couple weeks ago the trial finished for a case where a woman tried to steal her boyfriends wallet and car, and when he wouldn't let her, she called the police and said he had confined and raped her in his house. The woman eventually said she made the whole thing up on the fourth day of trial, but it still slandered the reputation of the accused.

So I think I would try to assess myself whether or not it was rape from what I hear from both parties, and judge from there along with any court proceedings that might follow.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at Apr 19, 2011,
Quote by WhiskeyFace
Are you serious? I hope the pit isn't the only place you're getting help from on this matter.

Of course not. This genuinely is a hypothetical thread.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja