These guys just re released a new EP ''The Echo Verses'' and ''Nightmares of the Ocean'' together yesterday and wanted to know if anyone's picked it up or heard of these guys.

These guys definitely deserve their spot in the music industry. Intense techy metal!

Check their music video The Arusha Accord - Dead To Me and watch how a real bassist in metal plays music!
Carvin V3 - Matamp 4x12 - VHT Valvulator - Maxon OD808 - Visual Volume Pedal

EH Cathedral - Ibanez DE7
I've had their album for a while now, and they are incredible. It's one of the techiest things I've heard, they barely ever repeat a phrase, it's just a constant progression of tech metal! And their bassist is indeed awesome, he does his own thing and it's amazing to watch!
http://www.facebook.com/someofusneverdie

Check us out, we'd really appreciate any feedback or support.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Yamaha RGX-A2
Orange Thunderverb 200H
Orange PPC412 Cab
- Woo!!
Boss TU-2, ISP Decimator, MXR Carbon Copy
They sound like an Architects cover band.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by MustangMan311
This is really poor and it's only got views because it's one of the few Cryptopsy covers on YouTube. Lame.

Backed.
Quote by jetfuel495
I have to disagree. TAA are way more tech, imo.

This.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Quote by jetfuel495
I have to disagree. TAA are way more tech, imo.

Definitely. Architects aren't near as technical. They're almost like diet technical.
I also like the Arusha brothers' cleans + vocal melodies/harmonies more than that of Sam Carter's.
I wish they would tune back up to that of the EP tuning. I liked the way that sounded much better, and the brothers' vocals were much better. It's cool though that even though they're on hiatus, they're still pretty active.
I listen to their EP a lot, but "Last Rise of The Fallen King" is a very, very good song in my opinion.
Quote by MustangMan311
This is really poor and it's only got views because it's one of the few Cryptopsy covers on YouTube. Lame.

what do you mean by "poor" ? you think he did a bad job covering the song, or that the bassline itself isn't that great?

Either way, you're wrong. There's also plenty of cryptopsy bass covers on youtube..not sure what you're on about...

but if they're not your thing, then how about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prTo1OMu_Lc&feature=related

But my original point was this band isn't a "real" metal band in the conservative sense, so the sentence "watch how a real metal bass player plays" or whatever is silly if you're talking about this band.
Last edited by technicolour at Apr 19, 2011,
Quote by technicolour
what do you mean by "poor" ? you think he did a bad job covering the song, or that the bassline itself isn't that great?

Either way, you're wrong. There's also plenty of cryptopsy bass covers on youtube..not sure what you're on about...

but if they're not your thing, then how about http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prTo1OMu_Lc&feature=related

But my original point was this band isn't a "real" metal band in the conservative sense, so the sentence "watch how a real metal bass player plays" or whatever is silly if you're talking about this band.

No, I love Cryptopsy, I just think his tone and technique were pretty awful and he could have done a much better job covering the song. His technique wasn't consistent at all, and everything just sounded weak. The section where Langlois solos was particularly bad. And I haven't seen many Cryptopsy bass covers (and even less worth watching) on YouTube, so I was going on that.
Spoon - we're playing around with a lot of different tunings on the NEW record we're writing.
some things will be similar to that of the ep and other the album plus many other different possibilities... but yeah its all good so far.

i think the production will be a mixture of both records but we also have new ideas to add to it. its going to be an intense process making sure everything is perfect

some really really exciting has already been written

p.s Alex and i aren't actually brothers ha ha. its a really strange coincidence that we have the same surname but iv'e only known him for the time he's been in the band.
That's good to know, the tuning on the EP gave it a lighter feel, which I thought worked perfectly with the theme. Tbh, I prefer the older versions of the songs you redid to the ones on TEV. The rest of the album is pretty good though.

No way, you're not brothers?? Your guys' voices sound quite identical, in a good way though.

I like the way you write the clean harmonies, they sound so haunting sometimes.
ha yeah man everyone thinks we're brothers until they meet us and realise we're polar opposites. but thanks i'm glad you dig the singing sections mate we're stoked that we managed to work so well with each other when writing... most of the time ha

to be honest we all feel very much the same about the ep/album tracks. they we're better on the ep but saying that they were tighter on the album versions. all in all the album was a lot more attentive to detail so maybe it lost a bit of soul in the process? it really is a case of in hindsight we could have done things a bit differently but at the time the were the right things for us.

the new stuff will have that same attention to detail but i think we're more aware of the recording process so we can approach it with stronger intent and knowledge.

a little update... tom & james we're writing at the weekend and they're recording more metal parts compared to the prog/tool sound that luke has mainly delivered to date. there is a lot of new material but nothing has been pieced together yet.
I can't believe you're not brothers haha! That's so weird, could've sworn you were!
Also I know it'll be some time yet but just to know you guys are writing and experimenting is very cool, so I'm excited to hear some stuff when it does finally emerge
http://www.facebook.com/someofusneverdie

Check us out, we'd really appreciate any feedback or support.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Yamaha RGX-A2
Orange Thunderverb 200H
Orange PPC412 Cab
- Woo!!
Boss TU-2, ISP Decimator, MXR Carbon Copy