Hey guys, here to share pics and a little review of my new guitar! (And later clips)

Sorry for the poor pictures, I don't have a great camera just now.

So, I only got it a few hours ago so excuse the short review but I'll be making some clips when I restring it and give it a little setup.

I'd never heard of Sparrow before but after some research the reviews seemed to lean more towards the positive/satisfactory side of things. The guitar when bought new costs $550 when bought new so for me that was about £350. That's £30 short of a Fender Mexi Tele over here. I got it for £185.. a deal is a deal is a deal, I took the chance and turned out with a nice guitar.

The guy selling it didn't really have a clue. I don't think he even played it. Apart from the strings having a bit of natural metal wear (as in, not worn by playing but by rusting cause it sat unused for so long) it even has the factory plastic covering the pickguard.

The guitar first off looks fantastic to me, I like the natural paint job and the hand-painted pinstripes finish it nicely. The pickguard is cut a little awkwardly at the fender style ashtray bridge, I can either re-cut it or replace it.. not sure what I want to do yet but it doesn't bother me hugely. The neck is very Fender-esqe both in shape and feel, it plays just like my friends Mexi Tele. It's a very saturated colour too, I've always wanted a guitar with an overly colourful maple neck and FB so here it is. It plays like a dream (even with the horrible strings on it which I'll be replacing today)

As far as it sounds, I haven't played enough Fender Telecasters to compare, since that'd be the best basis for a comparison.. but from what I can tell it sounds pretty damn good. Bridge is bright but a little thick, which I like.. the Neck and Neck-mid position have plenty of body but still bright. The pots move fairly well, they're kind of stiff which I've noticed on a lot of Telecaster copies (like Squiers) but it's not too bad.

The nut is actually made from Bone too which is a first for me but sadly it looks like a shoddy job has been done on the nut because the low E string is only a couple of millimeters from the 1st fret which worries me, I may have to get it replaced. The logo on the headstock is a kind of cheap looking thick plastic logo stuck on with a little bit of clearcoat over it to keep it stuck. I don't particularly like this but it's not too tacky. Well it is.. but I can live with it.

Overall I'm really satisfied with the guitar, this is my first Telecaster and I don't have any buyers remorse what-so-ever. Would I rather have a Fender? Probably.. but not because this guitar isn't as good.. just because I'm a Fender fanboy. I'd rather have both!

I'll get some clips in a couple of hours.. gotta restring it and set it up and then finish decorating my bedroom! :p

Cheers for reading.
Sparrow Twangmaster Telecaster
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack > Fuzz Face > Tubescreamer -> Crybaby -> Modded SD-1 -> Big Muff -> Phaser -> El Capistan -> TS-1 Tremolo/Stereo-Pan

Vox VT20+
Looks great, HNGD!
Quote by theogonia777
Lefthandedkid is super awesome, ja?

Quote by rgrockr
I guess fire extinguishers have to be filled with something other than fire retardant now, because apparently that's offensive.

Watch my stream?
is it just me, or does the pin striping make it look like there's a raised clear plastic cover between the pickguard and the guitar?
Pedal Board(s)

GAS list:
- Fender Jazzmaster
- Supa Trem
- 2x12 cab
- Mesa Lone Star
- ondes martenot
I actually thought that was the case when I first seen the pics but then I looked at more and seen it was just pinstripes :p
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack > Fuzz Face > Tubescreamer -> Crybaby -> Modded SD-1 -> Big Muff -> Phaser -> El Capistan -> TS-1 Tremolo/Stereo-Pan

Vox VT20+
Welcome to the Tele club!! Never heard of this brand before, but it definitely looks nice.
Main Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster and Stratocaster
Dr. Z Maz 18 Jr. NR, Vintage Fender Twin Reverb (early SF)
Effects from Wampler, Keeley, and others

Session Guitarist out of Pittsburgh
I really love the pin striping on the body.

HNGD and welcome to the Tele club!
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Cheers guys!
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Vox VT20+