I know that these will let you switch between two amps or two guitars (with one guitar for the former and one amp for the latter). Is it possible to hook two of them up so you can switch between two amps and two guitars? Is there an easier and less goofy way to do what I'm talking about? I know you need to start somewhere first, so this is by no means for my current setup. I'd like to use multiple amps and guitars live (different tunings, one clean amp, one dirty, etc.), when I manage to afford everything I'm thinking of.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
if I'm not mistaken, an A/B/Y pedal means you got three options: either channel A is on, or channel B, or both. I could see this working with two amps but it seems kinda stupid for two guitars - unless you're that guy with the four arms.

so if you want to switch between a clean amp and a distorted amp, a so-called "distortion" pedal is probably a cheaper and easier solution. if on the other hand you want to have the possibility of having a clean sound, a distorted sound or both at the same time, A/B/Y is the way to go.

I guess.
Quote by tubetime86
Most people don't give a shit about tone... We are the exception, not the rule.

I probably am a bit more rule than exception though
I'd buy that. I want to have it all plugged in and ready to go, so I can just pick up the other guitar. I don't want too much of a gap. Also, distortion pedals are cool, but I only see me using overdrive pedals on and on. I'd like to get away from distortion pedals and just get an amp for the stronger distortion, because it is ballsier and bigger sounding. I'm always going to use an overdrive pedal though, because they just have this sound I like for lighter drive tones. Flipside is that the best clean tones I hear come from low-medium gain amps that usually only have one channel.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Last edited by sg4ever at Apr 19, 2011,