I'm a bedroom bass player I usually just learn song or jam to a drum beat.... most of time I play everyday for at least 30 mins to and hour more if no one is home so I can really crank it up
I play Proper Punctuation. Truly marvelous, wonderful, Lifechanging game even! Try it!
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
Haha well depends, I split my time between nailing the originals for my bandmates, working out songs by ear, playing solos that sound shit, groovin', rockin' and playing a lot of guitar to write parts for my guitarist .
Quote by Tyson2011
when in doubt, adjust the truss rod.

Sfedf the First ...
or should it be the insane?
An hour or more a day. It depends on whether I have practice or rehearsal as well.

And remember its not quantity but quality of practice that is important. Thirty minutes of focused practice is going to be more beneficial than 1 hour of messing about on your instrument.
Mess around for an hour our so, practice for an hour or so, each multiple times a day.... So around six hours.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
I try to practice an hour a day, but usually at least half of that is just woodshedding. Hopefully my class schedule will allow more practice time next year.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I spend usually 2-3 hours a day with a bass in my hands, but a lot of it is lazy practising, a habit I should really get out of. I don't have much of a routine, spend most of my time either noodling over a drum machine and familiarising myself with scales, or playing/figuring out. Currently spending about an hour a day learning to read sheet too.
i have been spending more time with guitar lately. ill still pickup my bass about 3 -5 times a week and dick about with it. but its mostly acoustic guitar stuff that I do nowadays.
no sir away a papaya war is on
About an hour each day for bass and half hour for guitar.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
About an hour or every two days or so. It's getting harder to play lately since my carpel tunnel acts up a lot.

So I have to rest my hands for a few days or wake up with that horrible burning feeling and numbness.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
i try to play like 2 hours...barely manage
but thats cos ive got big exams coming up so...
in summer i play like 6 hours a day, maybe more
I don't play an awful lot, I wouldn't consider myself a bassist, I learn the songs I need to for the band I play bass for and before a gig or something I'll run scales or do some Jaco Pastorius sorta stuff to get myself into shape for playing.
Practically everyday. If I dont play at home, I play at school and vice versa.
pinga
Taking guitar lessons right now so my focus is elsewhere, the basses get picked up maybe for an hour or so a week. More if I get invited to jam and they need a bass player.
I try to spend about an hour playing every weekday, but weekends can vary. If I have money then I will probably do something else but I always try to make time to play. Today I had no money, so I literally have done nothing else today except for playing bass and walking my dog. DAMN YOU CREDIT CRUNCH!!!
You said "This is suicide."
I said "
This is our war."
meh with school I only get time for about a half hour,but I do always pick it up and play it for 30 seconds at a time every time I look at it....
Give a man a fish and he'll be hungry tomorrow,but put his ass in fishnets and someone will buy him dinner-Gene Simmons
Depends on the mood I'm...

If I'm not feeling it I'll jackaround for 30 min or so and call it quits. But if I'm feeling it I go as long as I can, before my girlfriend threatens to throw my bass down the stairs
Quote by MetlHed94

Well played, sir, well played.
It varies. I typically play at least a little bit every day. I keep guitars in several rooms of my house - next to the couch, computer, etc. So, if I get the urge I can just pick one up and play. Some days I play almost all day and I'll play everything I hear, down to commercial jingles. I never go more than a week without playing. Gives me withdrawals.
"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"
Last edited by deeptubes at Apr 22, 2011,