hammer ons and pull offs are represented by a tie. It looks like a u shaped thing below/above the note. Stracco is represented by a dot below the staff(not to be confused with dotted notes). Slides can't be shown on staff I beleive.
EDIT-
sorry I was wrong about slides
Last edited by dhruvrajvanshi at Apr 19, 2011,
Hammer on/ pull offs are shown by a slur, which is a curved line over or under the notes involved depending where they are on the stave. NOT to be confused with ties ^ or phrase markings.

Slides (glissandi) are shown by a straight line from one note to the other, usually with Gliss. written over it.

Stacatto is shown with dots ABOVE or BELOW the note, it can also be shown with a wedge sign, a little triangle above or below the note. Not to be confused with a dotted note in which the note has half it's not value added by a dot NEXT to the note.
Last edited by griffRG7321 at Apr 19, 2011,
Ok, but I couldnt understand how to differentiate the hammer-on & ties and Staccato & dotted note..
Well ties connect two notes of the same pitch. And staccato markings go above or below the note head, dotted notes go next to the note head.
Quote by griffRG7321
Hammer on/ pull offs are shown by a slur, which is a curved line over or under the notes involved depending where they are on the stave. NOT to be confused with ties ^ or phrase markings.

Slides (glissandi) are shown by a straight line from one note to the other, usually with Gliss. written over it.

Stacatto is shown with dots ABOVE or BELOW the note, it can also be shown with a wedge sign, a little triangle above or below the note. Not to be confused with a dotted note in which the note has half it's not value added by a dot NEXT to the note.

This.

Remember, the notes on the stave represent the pitches you're playing (the sounds you're making) NOT the techniques used to make them (for that you'll need tab).

So, for example, the slur mark indicates legato playing- but that could be hammer ons, pull offs, tapping, or even sweep picking...

btw I was confused by the title of this thread and thought you were having some kind of trouble at work ("staff")
Tapping is shown on a Stave by a letter 'T' above the note. Hammer ons and pull offs are common sense, if the note goes upwards, its a hammer on, and vice versa.