Hey everyone

I was cleaning out some cupboards earlier and I came across an old shelving unit that we replaced a few months back with something a little more solid. I figured, seeing as I'm soon going to start buying stompboxes rather than rely on multi-fx, I could somehow build a pedal board out of this

Firstly, I'll warn you now, this will probably have fairly slow updates, as there are quite a few things I need to buy for this (like paint, velcro, power supplies, etc) but enjoy what I've got so far anyway

And now for a few pictures..

The original shelf before I started on it

Marking out where to cut so it sits at an angle

There was a load of screws and no-more-nails shite that was used to hold it to the wall previously

Started hacking away at the side

I've done a little bit more and I've now finished cutting that side to shape, just need to cut the other side and sand them down

EDIT; Fixed the pictures
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Last edited by Unholy.Daemon at Apr 19, 2011,
Awesome, nothing like destroying furniture and turning it into hardware. There's a thread I saw a while back somewhere on the net where some guy documented building a resonator guitar out of a toilet seat and some metal bowls from his kitchen. Anyway, I'd like to see what you make of this...
haha well i have no use for this anymore, so I figured the worst I can do it cut up a piece of wood =D now that's pretty awesome tbh, I might have to go looking for that =']

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Not a bad idea to use a shelf. Definitely a sturdy furniture choice. Good luck sir.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
Small update ^^

finished cutting out both sides, and it lays on the floor dead straight

had a small problem tho, turns out it's not tall enough to mount the band plug underneath the pedal board, and I can't put feet on the shelf, as they would have to be about 3 inches tall to get enough clearance off the ground

so i figured i could put the bank on the back of the board, and it seems to work just as well. I took a few pictures showing the supply and a mock up of the board. at the minute, it's all held on with electric tape, seeing as I don't have any velcro to put on the board and the bank's not actually mine

yes, that is a Behringer pedal it actually sounds quite good tbh, but the build quality's not fantastic as you can see

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Quote by Unholy.Daemon
yes, that is a Behringer pedal it actually sounds quite good tbh, but the build quality's not fantastic as you can see

Don't feel bad about the Behringer. I run a Behringer Slow Motion on my board. Personally, the slow motion was shitty for what it was designed to do, but it made a great noise gate.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

You should make it two seperate boards on the top and have a 2"-3" space in between them for you cables.
What did you use to cut this?
..I was watching my death.
well i just used a coping saw that i found in my toolbox

i said it'd be slow updates, because i didn't expect to be able to get all of the materials very quickly, but I actually finished it today

putting the velcro on didn't go too well, as the pieces were too thin, so i had to go buy some more and redo it
but apart from that, it's all good ^^

here's some pictures...

sanded down the sides so they're smooth

screws to mount the bank plug

acrylic paint was the cheapest

first layer of paint

continued on next post..

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook

paint finished, waiting for it to dry

attaching the velcro

family picture at home

obviously I'll be adding more pedals to this, and it'll be used with my Randall rather than at home, just the Randall's in for repair atm

EDIT; just realised the top bit's wonky, so i've taken it off, repainted it and put the other bit of velcro on straight this time

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Last edited by Unholy.Daemon at Apr 20, 2011,
Looks great to me. I'd like to see you fit the one on the left. How many pedals do you have? I made the mistake of making a pedal board a while back just big enough for the pedals i had at the time, meaning there was no room for any new ones.
haha yeah, it's actually only a tad too big tho

well currently i only have that distortion pedal and the footswitch for my amp, but the only pedals i plan on buying in the near future is a wah, possibly a boost (altho i do have the distortion for that) and maybe, if i can afford it, a delay pedal, so i think there should be enough room on that for 3 or 4 pedals

EDIT;
figured it might be a plan to have a picture of the very finished thing

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
Last edited by Unholy.Daemon at Apr 20, 2011,
How do you like your floor POD plus for heavily distorted stuff?
i'm looking in to getting one of the similar models if not that exact one.
some of the patches are a bit funny, and it does take some tweaking, but once you've got it nailed, it'll sound pretty damn good tbh

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook