What would the UG community recommend as the best Ibanez for around that price? I play metal but dabble in every other sort of music there is so a bit of versatility would be nice to have.

I myself like the look of the RG series, mainly the 1570, however it is a little out of my price range, hoping for a cheap one to come on eBay!

Cheers for any help!
Toms.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
^thats actually not a bad guitar for the price

but if you dont want that(maybe you want a new one or something i dont know you) you could look at the rg series or the s series which are great guitar at your budget

also check ebay for a used prestige you might get lucky
Quote by supersac
^thats actually not a bad guitar for the price

but if you dont want that(maybe you want a new one or something i dont know you) you could look at the rg series or the s series which are great guitar at your budget

also check ebay for a used prestige you might get lucky

Its a ridiculous price lol

Its the model or two above the 1570 and its £100 under budget

I cant think of any other guitar new that would beat it.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Its a ridiculous price lol

Its the model or two above the 1570 and its £100 under budget

I cant think of any other guitar new that would beat it.

yeah i know
hell id buy it if it were only left handed

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
RG350 is your best bet imo. It is like a cheaper RG550, but pretty different. Wizard II is hella nice, stock pups aren't bad, but will need changing eventually. All in all, I think it's the best Ibanez guitar for the budget guitarrist.
do you need a tremolo? if u change tunings a lot, dont get a guitar with a floyd rose or something similar.

get a ibanez rg1451. its an RG with a hardtail for 560.
http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_rg1451_whp.htm

otherwise get Tom's rg2550e

also check out the ibanez premium series if u dont want to buy used. it might be in your price range.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Premiums are around £700 in the UK

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
try to get an MIJ prestige. you're close enough to them in price (go up another £50 or £100 and you'll be in range) that you'll be kicking yourself later if you don't.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thank christ that S2075 that Tom posted is local pick-up only. Would've been all over that like a fly on shit .

Anyway, I'd say go for Tom's RG2550, a prestige RG or a S series, like the S420. Great trem on them (tried my friends one yesterday and was sold on getting one nw)

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_s420bbs.htm
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Just buy my one...

£420 posted.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
Quote by DegaDeth
Thank christ that S2075 that Tom posted is local pick-up only. Would've been all over that like a fly on shit .

Nothing a nice polite ebay message and parcel2go cant fix
(Invalid img)

also
http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/preowned_guitars_detail.asp?stock=px-NE15JE1144
killer blue old school rg570 on guitarguitar right now OP

I bought my s440 (its old school from before the lo trs days so has an edge trem though) from there used and it was really well setup.
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Apr 19, 2011,
Quote by coolstoryangus
Nothing a nice polite ebay message and parcel2go cant fix .

Dont tempt me. Must stay strong
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Hey, I'm sigged by Tom! Though I'm not sure what the means...

Anyway, and sort of Ibanez S would be best, if you want one with a trem. If you don't want a trem, the fixed bridge guitars of the RGT series are awesome (if you like the neck through design). Although now that the new Gibralter bridges are out, those are a lot nicer. I'm not really sure what's up with Ibanez these days, as my infatuation has shifted from them to ESP.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Shameless but please buy my Prestige 2550 e

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Thank you everyone for all your suggestions and help. I'm sorry Tom but although I know it's a great deal I just don't like the look of your prestige, I'm sure you will sell it in no time though as it's a real steal.

I really do like the look of the RG370DXZ mainly because of the lack of a pickguard and the fact you can change between floating trem and fixed bridge with the ZPS. I know this comes in under £400 so I was wondering if there were any ibanez which had the same asthetic look of this one but with better quality hardware, also the ability to change between fixed and floating bridge is a must as I play in different tunings quite a bit.

Cheers again for any help!
No worries

Seriously though, for £500 you can easily get the 1570 you want, just be patient, trust me.

I sold my RG1570 for about £550 and that one was practically new.

Also the ZPS doesn't work as a trem block, it just stops the trem flying out of sync when strings break. That is how my old S with it worked anyway.

If you are going to be changing tunings but what to keep use of a trem, look out for something like a Tremel-no ( great bit of kit ) and then have that fitted to whichever guitar you go for.

I did find an incredible deal on an old S540 the other day, which if it pops back up again I will post it in here for you so keep an eye on this thread

EDIT:

Ibanez RG570 ( the one before they started making guitars under the Prestige name )

£489 including postage.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IBANEZ-RG570-JAPANESE-MODEL-HARD-CASE-STUNNING-/280660210187?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item4158a6f20b#ht_646wt_1139

Also has the original Edge bridge, the best Trem system ever in mine and many peolpes opinion.

Also

a gorgeous Ibanez RG2570 in Silver £500 BIN

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ibanez-RG2570-Silver-Prestige-Edition-Perfect-/110677120321?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item19c4ded541#ht_500wt_1156

You wont really find any nice Ibbys with Quilts for much less than 6/700 unless yo go for a 90s S series really mate.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Last edited by Tom 1.0 at Apr 20, 2011,
That tremel-no system looks like the exact type of thing I want, thank you very much for pointing it out to me, it will definitely be on my shopping list. I will keep a look out on ebay for the 1570 as well!

I'm currently trying to sell my Dean 30th Anniversary V with Emg 81/60 mainly because it's such a pain sitting down for long periods and playing, hoping to get enough money from that for a nice ibanez
Just to add, the 570s are 1570s, just slightly older with a better trem

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
For that price range, you're pretty much best off going used.
All of the guitars Tom 1.0 posted are going to be quite nice.

Failing that, you're pretty much forced to look at the S series.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Closest things to the rg370dx appearence wise thats actually good are the rg570exs and rg2570s.

Basically a similar sort of thing pre and post prestige naming. (for mid range ibanez the higher range prestiges came earlier)