Anyone have any experience with the Tweaker,Rebel20, and Rebel30 amp heads?

Saw these guys and thought they were cool. Haven't played anything but the Tourmaster and I wasn't very impressed by that.
i used to have a

search bar
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Apr 19, 2011,
Wanna be more specific about what you want?
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
I have a Tweaker. So did Greg (does?)

But searchbar.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
I have an Egnater Renegade. No experience with the heads you listed though.
78' Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender 60th Anniversary Tele
Fender Nashville Tele
Fender MIA Fat Strat
EVH Wolfgang Special
Schecter C1+
Martin DC-16GTE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Egnater Renegade Head
Tourmaster 2x12 Cab
Fender Champ (1966)
no real info in the search bar greg bro

Well I guess - what tonal diversity do they offer? Do they sound thin, as they are all small wattage amps (the Tweaker has a 40w and 88w version on the way, but w/ different tube mixes). I play hard edged rock and sometimes some metal - I have my JC50H I'm very happy with, but I do a lot of 1 on 1 jamming with a guitarist who has an Orange Tiny Terror.

It's nice to be able to play without having to crank it when its just 2 guitars - and the TT is pretty pricey for a single channel, not so diverse amp (IMO). So how do these compare to other small amps out there?

EDIT: How is the Renegade that you have?
Last edited by OceansBetweenUs at Apr 19, 2011,
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
Found that thread - but its basically just a description of each amp from their site. I want user reviewsers.

Well to some degree that is what that thread is for. People who own Egnater amps post in there just like people considering Egnater amps may ask questions. You could try asking there first is all some of us are saying
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.
no offense but your OP is vague. i mean, if you want independent reviews for each amp expect it to take some time. the egnater thread has general descriptions of the amps, and people have chimed in on their thoughts and experiences. if you read the entire thread, i doubt you'd be making such a vague OP.

the tweaker is decent for the price, generally a dark amp until it gets pushed, and does everything pretty well except death d-jenta-br00tz. but it's downfall for me was the lack of independent channels.

egnater makes good amps generally.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
from what i've heard they are really good blues/classic rock amps...i've been looking into the egnater tweaker myself and from what i can tell its a very good amp

sorry on the personal experiance thing tho, because i have none
Here are the ones I've played

Rebel 30 - Cleans are absolutely gorgeous. I enjoy them more than Fender cleans. Dirt is very thick, but it was more suited for 70s than hard rock/metal, so I sold it. It just lacked the punch that I wanted.

Tweaker - Very unimpressed. It just didn't my expectations, especially when everyone was raving about it here. This may have been because my limited play time with it tho.

Renegade - This was a keeper, and my favorite amp I've played to date. Gorgeous cleans (not as good as Rebel series) and the distortion kicks ass! It's got more distortion than I'll ever need, and nearly every setting is usable.
Quote by OceansBetweenUs
EDIT: How is the Renegade that you have?

I love my Renegade.

Extremely versatile, lots of features, great tone... just an incredible amp for the money.
78' Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender 60th Anniversary Tele
Fender Nashville Tele
Fender MIA Fat Strat
EVH Wolfgang Special
Schecter C1+
Martin DC-16GTE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Egnater Renegade Head
Tourmaster 2x12 Cab
Fender Champ (1966)
Quote by Ian Egnater
Thanks for the kind words and support with our amps as always guys!

Hey Ian, is the Egnater Co. still based in Michigan or not?
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
My friend owns the Rebel 20 head and related cab and he loves it to death and the one time I used it it was pretty cool but it was at unbelievably low volumes because he had to keep quiet for some reason.

They're cool amps.
Sparrow Twangmaster Telecaster
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack > Fuzz Face > Tubescreamer -> Crybaby -> Modded SD-1 -> Big Muff -> Phaser -> El Capistan -> TS-1 Tremolo/Stereo-Pan

Vox VT20+
Quote by JAHellraiser
Hey Ian, is the Egnater Co. still based in Michigan or not?

Me and my dad still do the designing, prototyping, and engineering related things here in Michigan. The sales and warehousing are in the Los Angeles area though.
Quote by Ian Egnater
Me and my dad still do the designing, prototyping, and engineering related things here in Michigan. The sales and warehousing are in the Los Angeles area though.

Very cool. Any chance an average joe could get a job there? I turn 18 and graduate from high school next month, obviously I wouldn't be doing much of the engineering or anything but if you guys had any of the lower level jobs that I could do then I'd be more than interested. I'm very eager to learn about amps in general and about an hour or so away from Detroit (I imagine thats where the MI based stuff goes on) Thanks for replying too
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by JAHellraiser
Very cool. Any chance an average joe could get a job there? I turn 18 and graduate from high school next month, obviously I wouldn't be doing much of the engineering or anything but if you guys had any of the lower level jobs that I could do then I'd be more than interested. I'm very eager to learn about amps in general and about an hour or so away from Detroit (I imagine thats where the MI based stuff goes on) Thanks for replying too

Haha, I'm flattered you'd want to work with us. However, it's basically just me and my dad working in his house outside of Detroit, so we don't really have any employees on staff here in Michigan. Honestly though, there are a ton of smaller amp and pedal companies, or repair shops in Michigan. You could probably find a job working with amp gear part time or something. The best way to get into this business is just learning from someone who's been doing it for a while.